Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27508)

OneForTheToe 09-26-2008 05:59 PM

Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
I hate the BCS. No. I don't think not having championship game is UN-American (USA, USA), but this fiction is an insult to the great sporting nature of the great game of college football. Outside of rooting for Pitt (or even P State, WVU) I simply root now for any outcome that throws a wrench into the inner workings of the BCS. Here is hoping somebody from the WAC or Mountain West goes undefeated every year until they fix this cluster @#@$#ck.

With that in mind, how sweet it was to see the BCS darlin S Cal get whooped last night. Think of this thread as a place to throw doo-doo at that validity of the BCS, until the end of the season when the BCS tries and convince us that they can determine which 2 loss SEC team (best conference by far) is better than a one loss team from the Big Ten or PAC Ten.



So, here's to you MR. BCS man :flap::flap::flap:

MasterOfPuppets 09-26-2008 06:45 PM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
i couldn't agree more.......if it weren't for that BCS bullshit, my terps would have 4 or 5 championships by now..........:rofl:

revefsreleets 09-26-2008 07:30 PM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
Hey, wait! I'm all for a playoff...I think even 4 teams would be better than the current system, but 8 would be awesome (and they aren't going any deeper than 8, so forget it).

I think it will happen, and happen soon...College football has gotten too big, and now teams are jumping on the OSU/USC bandwagon and scheduling big ooc games. It's generating bigger interest and the DEMAND for a playoff will be overwhelming and unavoidable at some point in the near future.

Steeler in Carolina 09-26-2008 07:32 PM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
There must be a playoff. You can have a playoff and still keep the bowl system.

MasterOfPuppets 09-26-2008 09:55 PM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 442417)
Hey, wait! I'm all for a playoff...I think even 4 teams would be better than the current system, but 8 would be awesome (and they aren't going any deeper than 8, so forget it).

I think it will happen, and happen soon...College football has gotten too big, and now teams are jumping on the OSU/USC bandwagon and scheduling big ooc games. It's generating bigger interest and the DEMAND for a playoff will be overwhelming and unavoidable at some point in the near future.

8 ? , i was thinking 10. there should be 10 conferences (re aligned, based on qualifications, such as size of university) with 10 teams.each team plays 7 conference games, and 3 non conference games. the top 2 teams play 1 game for the conference title . the conference winner advances to the playoffs.of course 1 team would need a 2nd rd bye. it could be determined by the strength of schedule against the non conference opponents.

SteelCityMan786 09-26-2008 11:03 PM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina (Post 442420)
There must be a playoff. You can have a playoff and still keep the bowl system.

I say 16 where the conference champion and runner up make it and 4 bids go at large.

Bowls for those who still had winning seasons.

MasterOfPuppets 09-26-2008 11:45 PM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 442531)
I say 16 where the conference champion and runner up make it and 4 bids go at large.

Bowls for those who still had winning seasons.

that would be a heck of a long season for the finalist.....

SteelCityMan786 09-27-2008 11:28 AM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 442542)
that would be a heck of a long season for the finalist.....

It's not the success that makes you great, it's what become because of it.

Steeler in Carolina 09-27-2008 04:39 PM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 442542)
that would be a heck of a long season for the finalist.....

It's that way in the 1-AA (or FCS if you want to call it that.)

Steeler in Carolina 09-27-2008 04:40 PM

Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.
 
Great to see Ole Miss knock of Florida today. I hope every team ends up with 1 loss or more.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum