Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers should win in a defensive battle (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27537)

GBMelBlount 09-28-2008 08:34 AM

Steelers should win in a defensive battle

Quote:

Steelers should win in a defensive battle

When last seen at Heinz Field, the Ravens were trounced by the Steelers, 38-7, as Ben Roethlisberger threw for a career-best five touchdown passes.

It says here that won't happen again this time around. In fact, there probably won't be 38 combined points scored when the two teams meet Monday night.

The Ravens boast the league's top-rated defense and have given up 20 points in two games, both wins.

The Steelers have been strong on defense as well, giving up just 38 points in three games, 14 of which came in garbage time in the opener against Houston.

Baltimore has run the ball 90 times in two games in an attempt to take the pressure off of rookie quarterback Joe Flacco. That will be more difficult this week, even with the Steelers playing without defensive end Brett Keisel and nose tackle Casey Hampton.

If Flacco is forced to throw the ball more than 20 times, he's going to be in for a long day. The Steelers traditionally tear rookie quarterbacks up, particularly at home.

Baltimore will try to pressure Roethlisberger like Philadelphia did last week, but that's more difficult to do on the road, especially with two starters, cornerback Samari Rolle and safety Dawan Landry out.

The Steelers are favored by five points, even without running back Willie Parker.

Take Pittsburgh, 20-10......
http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/...ek-4-NFL-picks

Galax Steeler 09-28-2008 08:51 AM

Re: Steelers should win in a defensive battle

I hope our deffense makes it hard on Flacco and keeps him on his back the whole game.

steelpride12 09-28-2008 10:51 AM

This is all true. The Ravens will try to run the ball taking the pressure off Flacco, but were not the Browns or Bengals our defense will stuff Willis, and Flacco will be forced to throw, which is exactly what we want.

hizmi 09-28-2008 09:37 PM

Two things I'll be looking for tomorrow night:

1. Is our run defense as stout as usual without Hampton and Keisel? If it's a close game, I could see that D-line being worn down by a strong and physical ravens O-line in the 4th quarter

2. What tactical changes from last week will we make in the pass game? I'd be SHOCKED if we don't see MAJOR adjustments. I think we'll see a lot of screens, dump offs, designed roll-outs, quick outs, with a couple of home-run swings mixed in. Every yard will be contested, so a big play could make all the difference. I like to think that with Ben, Santo and Hines we are far more capable of making a big play, and they may be vulnerable without Rolle and Landry

steelwall 09-29-2008 01:51 AM

Yes I have a feeling Faggo will be in for a rough day. I predict Tomlin will take a page from the Eagles game and bring the house.

stillers4me 09-29-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelwall (Post 443253)
Yes I have a feeling Faggo will be in for a rough day. I predict Tomlin will take a page from the Eagles game and bring the house.

I hope.

Crow-Magnon 09-29-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelwall (Post 443253)

That worked real well against da Bears last night.

Steel_Bus_24 09-29-2008 10:12 AM

Im so hoping for a repeat of last years MNF with Balt ...but am feeling like its going to be a closer hard hitting game like our MNF with them in 05 where we won 20-19.

I think we need this game bad. We have to get our Steeler mentality back tonight.

If we don't we could see another pummeling of Ben in Jax on Sunday as well.

Get Nasty Steelers!!!