Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ravens are no chumps (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27597)

hizmi 09-30-2008 12:08 AM

Ravens are no chumps

I think some have the impression that this Baltimore team is essentially the same as last year, and while it may be true to an extent, they were MUCH better than their record indicated.

We got the better of them today, but they are a quality team who nearly beat us in our own backyard on monday night with a rookie QB. Their D is top notch, their O-line is strong, and Flacco appears competent at the least. Keep in mind they get to play Oakland and Miami while we get New England and San Diego...

They made it pretty clear tonight that this division will be a dog-fight to the end.

Edman 09-30-2008 12:11 AM

Re: Ravens are no chumps

I agree. The Ravens are for real and will be right there with us until the end of the division race this year. Not the paper champion Browns.

We were down 13-3 and things weren't getting better at one point.

They proved that winning this division won't be easy, but the Steelers proved that it's still their division for now.

jjpro11 09-30-2008 12:11 AM

their offense is still severely lacking. they have no playmakers. flacco does look good though. he looks like another ben to be honest.

SunshineMan21 09-30-2008 12:22 AM

That thought struck me too . . . Flacco reminds me so much of Ben a few years ago . . .

Sharkissle29 09-30-2008 12:23 AM

Sorry i dont buy it, a decent offense and a decent defense, will have no problem taking them down.

tony hipchest 09-30-2008 12:25 AM

yeah they are...

:coffee:

still room in the band for the cheapshot loving artists.

Steelman16 09-30-2008 12:25 AM

Anything can happen, but from what I saw tonight, this division race is between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens.

SunshineMan21 09-30-2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelman16 (Post 445260)
Anything can happen, but from what I saw tonight, this division race is between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens.

I love how when they panned the camera out to show Pittsburgh the commentator talked about the great games played here lately and mentioned the Steelers v. Ravens . . . then the Browns , , , and nothing on the Bengals:flap:

OneForTheToe 09-30-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelman16 (Post 445260)

Unless you talk to Derek Anderson.:chuckle:

Of course he is still waiting for the original members of the "Doors" to getback together.:noidea:

fansince'76 09-30-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St33lers (Post 445257)
Sorry i dont buy it....

Me neither - we played like absolute crap on offense most of the game and still won. This team needs to start playing better on offense immediately.