Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Steeler fans in Houston (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27773)

SuperSteelers 10-04-2008 08:23 PM

Steeler fans in Houston

Any Steeler fans in Houston? If so, can anyone recommend a good Steelers Bar to hang out and watch the game?

Thanks!

steelerjoe 10-06-2008 09:25 PM

Re: Steeler fans in Houston

Hey - just moved to H-town this summer. Not sure on the bar thing but DIrectv is a wonderful thing.

Keithmclane 11-11-2008 11:23 AM

Not sure if you found it already....

There is a place up I-45 on Sawdust Rd. called Steel City Pizzareria. It's a pretty cool place. Being new to Houston myself, I began looking for a place in August and I found it by accident. I went there for the Steeler KickOff party a few weeks before the opening game. It's a sweet place. Decent pizza, fairly priced (maybe a little high) but i don't know for sure as I don't go out for pizza that much. I personally haven't been there for any games b/c i always had plans with some friends to watch the game or I had to stay with the baby. But, i heard it gets packed so you have to get there early. I heard for a noon game you should probably be there no later than 10:30ish. I hope this helps and maybe I'll see you there one of these days.

Keith

SuperSteelers 12-16-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithmclane (Post 473012)
Not sure if you found it already....

There is a place up I-45 on Sawdust Rd. called Steel City Pizzareria. It's a pretty cool place. Being new to Houston myself, I began looking for a place in August and I found it by accident. I went there for the Steeler KickOff party a few weeks before the opening game. It's a sweet place. Decent pizza, fairly priced (maybe a little high) but i don't know for sure as I don't go out for pizza that much. I personally haven't been there for any games b/c i always had plans with some friends to watch the game or I had to stay with the baby. But, i heard it gets packed so you have to get there early. I heard for a noon game you should probably be there no later than 10:30ish. I hope this helps and maybe I'll see you there one of these days.

Keith

Keith,

Thanks for the info. I checked out the website, and it looks like the place is crawling with Steeler fans! It warmed my heart to see the NATION. I am planning to go there for the Browns game. Maybe I'll see you there.

SteelValleyDave 01-13-2009 09:03 AM

There's a number of Steeler bars in Houston. Depending on where you live, there's probably 2 or 3 within 10 miles.

I live in Katy and the closest to me is Sansone's on Westheimer, near HWY 6.

SuperSteelers 01-13-2009 09:36 PM

SteelValley,

Do you know of any near Kingwood? I went to Kelly's, (listed as a Steelers Bar on the web), but I was the only one in the house).

BTW, Steel City Pizzeria is AWESOME! There were people tailgating in the parkinglot last Sunday. Just a bit out of my way.

DRK1996 01-25-2009 07:34 PM

I live in Deer Park. Is there any around these? In addition, when can I find any Steelers gear in Houston?

"Steelers Born...Steelers Bred...And the the long off future, I will be Steelers Dead!!! Long Live the Black and Gold!!!"

Bettis-36 01-26-2009 12:14 AM

If anyone in the Houston area is interested in coming to a Steelers Superbowl Party please PM me or reply to this message. I live in Katy and have a 65" LCD and also will have a projector hooked up with the game on. I will have food and you will need to supply beer.

SuperSteelers 01-26-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bettis-36 (Post 543193)
If anyone in the Houston area is interested in coming to a Steelers Superbowl Party please PM me or reply to this message. I live in Katy and have a 65" LCD and also will have a projector hooked up with the game on. I will have food and you will need to supply beer.

Because of people like Bettis-36, the Steeler Nation never ceases to amaze me. Here's a guy actually inviting total strangers (from the internet, nonetheless) to share his home and his food, to watch the game with him. Show me any other professional sports team that brings people together better than the Steelers!

I already have plans for the Superbowl, but if I didn't, I'd watch the game with you!

Thank you for exemplifying the Steeler Nation! :applaudit:

Bettis-36 01-29-2009 12:44 AM

Just to let you all know Steel City Pizza is supposed to be great. I grew up in Pittsburgh and came to Texas 3 years ago. There is a Steel City Pizza in Bridgeville, Pa and although it is a small place the owner is a great guy. I order from there everytime I go back home. I have not had a chance to visit the location in spring but I heard from a friend who was there during the stanley cup last year that it is packed with Pittsburgh people and fans.