Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   1st game at Heinz, where do I park (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27808)

wesmullen 10-05-2008 09:21 PM

1st game at Heinz, where do I park

I need some help. Me and my kids have tix for the Giants game. This will be my first time to Hienz Field. We will be coming in from I79 then onto 279. What is going to be our best place to park? And how soon should we get there? Thanx for any help that you can give me.

steelerstrade 10-17-2008 04:27 PM

Re: 1st game at Hienz, where do I park

OK, if you tailgate, any open lot you can find is ok, closer to Heinz the more it's going to cost...If you want to park and save the big bucks for beer inside or sodas in this case...Then park in a lot across from Clemente Bridge for $10. Plan to be in the area at least 2 hours early so you can enjoy the Steelers experience without the hassle of any worries.

Avoid LLoyd1975 10-24-2008 09:53 AM

Anywhere within a few square miles. The whole city turns into a tailgate party. When I go back home for my annual Steeler game, I traditionally park across the river and ride the ferry to the front of the stadium.

Hines4ever 10-24-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesmullen (Post 449253)
I need some help. Me and my kids have tix for the Giants game. This will be my first time to Hienz Field. We will be coming in from I79 then onto 279. What is going to be our best place to park? And how soon should we get there? Thanx for any help that you can give me.

My husband and I were just at the Monday night game against the Ravens!!!! It was only our second time to Heinz Field. The first was a quick in, to the game and out again. This time, we spent the day....got there around noon....found a parking lot about a 5 minute walk behind Heinz field...there were a few tailgaters there but the lot was essentially empty.....we walked to Jerome Bettis' Resturant and had lunch....and the others weren't kidding, the city was already starting to turn into one big tailgating party that early in the day!!!! We got back to the lot and around 3:00, the owner of the lot came around and collected 40.00 which I don't think is a bad price.....The tailgating was AWESOME....and nothing that I would worry about having my kids around. It was an AMAZING experience!!!!!!! So, long story short, I'd get there as early as possible to truly enjoy the pre-game atmosphere and the festivities!!!!!!! Have fun!!!!!:tt02:

NJarhead 10-24-2008 01:45 PM

Re: 1st game at Heinz, where do I park

I park for like $5.00 over by the Sports Museum. It's a small hike though, so I'm not sure if you want to do that to the kids.

Have Fun!!!