Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Your Input Please (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28012)

Black@Gold Forever32 10-11-2008 09:47 PM

Your Input Please

I entered the national fantasy football open championship which the top prize is 1 million bucks....I'm currently first in my division and want to remain there and I'm a bit torn on who to start at one my spots...My lineup breaks down like this....

QB-Cutler
RB-Adrian Peterson
RB-Ronnie Brown
WR-TO
WR-L. Coles
WR-Torry Holt
TE-Zach Miller
OP-?I can start any offensive player here so another QB, RB, WR
K-Mason Crosby
Def-Bears

My Bench

QBs-Favre, Hasselback
RBs-Steve Slaton, Maurice Jones-Drew, Willie Parker, Chester Taylor
WRs-Anthony Gonzalez, Robert Meachem, Greg Camerillo
TE-Todd Heap
Def-Titans

I'm leaning toward starting Favre and he is facing the Bengals at my OP spot....But I hate benching Slaton since he has scored 4 TDs the last three games...Could start Slaton over Ronnie Brown also but Brown has been playing well...Jones-Drew is off to a slow start but he could break out any day and he is facing the Broncos....So if you could add your input I say Thank You....

lilyoder6 10-11-2008 11:53 PM

Re: Your Input Please

i would honestly say farve.. qb's always or should i say most of the time have the best chance to score the most points

Lock Down 10-12-2008 04:10 AM

I agree with lilyoder6, i would start Favre.

I have Slaton on one of my fantasy teams & he came up big last week, would of lost without his nice contribution, that is a tough choice between Slaton & Brown but i would probably be more inclined to stick with Brown at the moment. I wouldn't start Jones-Drew untill the Jags show they can run the ball effectively.

Hope it works all works out for you.

The Duke 10-12-2008 10:43 AM

use favre. the rest may have good games but are a risk at this point of the season

miami's run D is doing great, they'll control the rookie.

Black@Gold Forever32 10-12-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 453471)
use favre. the rest may have good games but are a risk at this point of the season

miami's run D is doing great, they'll control the rookie.

Yea I'm going with Favre.....Like you're pointing out he would be the safest pick....I just hate having a bunch of options since I always make the wrong move....I didn't play Ronnie Brown when he had his monster game vs the Pats and I lost that week....Which has been my loss so far in that league....I also didn't play Favre when he had his 6 TD game but I won in a blow out that week so it didn't matter....lol

The Duke 10-12-2008 05:49 PM

Oh....hope we didn't screw you up

favre had a td and 2 interceptions and jones looks like he did break out. is about to go over 100 yards

you have a strong team so hopefully you did ok anyway

Black@Gold Forever32 10-12-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 453679)
Oh....hope we didn't screw you up

favre had a td and 2 interceptions and jones looks like he did break out. is about to go over 100 yards

you have a strong team so hopefully you did ok anyway

My team got their ass kicked....I knew benching Jones-Drew would bite me in the ass...I still would have lost if I would have started Jones-Drew...lol But I would have finished in the top five of points scored in my division for the week and you get a win for that...lol

My team didn't do crap...lol Favre can go to hell...He should have lit up the Bungles...lol Steelers take note...Come out firing on all cylinders after the bye and destroy the Bungles....

Lock Down 10-12-2008 08:41 PM

Bad luck black & gold. Favre probably cost me the game this week. I also believed the Jags running game would continue to struggle with their banged up O-Line. Doesn't say a lot of Denver's defense then.

the_king_from_leon 10-13-2008 09:21 AM

lol brett can either be fantasy gold or crap!