Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Democrats & Republicans (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28038)

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-12-2008 03:02 PM

Democrats & Republicans
 
This last month as been filled with a lot of hate filled posts, which as someone tactfully reminded me, takes away from the forum community.

For my part I apologize for remarks that made anyone feel uncomfortable and from here on out not only ask that both sides respect a truce that includes respectful discussion...but also promise to act by putting the good of the forum before ourselves.

I hope that the main players in this drama can see that we few are ruining the forum for the rest and though it may be too much to ask for... I hope the main players in this are willing to respond to this thread in order to show the Forum that we are all bigger than an election...a candidate...or a team. And that we will all be more respectful

My flames will from here on out be directed at Trolls only.

Mosca 10-12-2008 03:27 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
Hey, if you step up, so will I. I apologize.

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-12-2008 03:30 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosca (Post 453558)
Hey, if you step up, so will I. I apologize.

Thanks Mosca
:drink:

Leftoverhard 10-12-2008 03:38 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
:drink:

X-Terminator 10-12-2008 04:47 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
Yeah, I've only tried to point this out, oh I don't know, MULTIPLE times over the past 2 months? :noidea:

I still say political talk should have been banned from this board long before things got out of control, because civil debate is damn near impossible anymore, anywhere in America. And I'm not just going to point fingers at one person or party or entity - from the media, to the politicians/candidates themselves, on down to guys like Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore, to sites like MoveOn.org and Swiftboatvets, down to the average American citizen - all are to blame.

At this point, you all can thank your lucky stars that I'm no longer a moderator, because I would have had far less patience than Gary and Marianne have had.

SteelCityMan786 10-12-2008 04:56 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 453586)
Yeah, I've only tried to point this out, oh I don't know, MULTIPLE times over the past 2 months? :noidea:

I still say political talk should have been banned from this board long before things got out of control, because civil debate is damn near impossible anymore, anywhere in America. And I'm not just going to point fingers at one person or party or entity - from the media, to the politicians/candidates themselves, on down to guys like Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore, to sites like MoveOn.org and Swiftboatvets, down to the average American citizen - all are to blame.

At this point, you all can thank your lucky stars that I'm no longer a moderator, because I would have had far less patience than Gary and Marianne have had.

In fact I have suggested having a separate sub forum for this in the past.

MasterOfPuppets 10-12-2008 05:03 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
we are the world.....we are the childreeeeen.....:whistle:

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-12-2008 05:17 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
I'm past pointing fingers at anyone, since I was part of the problem....just ready to move on to real debates again.

tony hipchest 10-12-2008 05:29 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 453586)

At this point, you all can thank your lucky stars that I'm no longer a moderator, because I would have had far less patience than Gary and Marianne have had.

that comes off as rather threatening (2nd time youve said it in 2 days). i thank my lucky stars you are no longer a mod. i appreciate a forum that allows free speech to those who are capable of practicing self contol. :noidea:

LLT, im glad to see you start this thread. :hatsoff: i have already said my piece in revs thread and apologized to him.

nobodys perfect. neither candidate is perfect. hell, even the steelers arent perfect.

life will go on.

in the meantime, as long as its fair to point out when the browns and bungles are losing on this board, its just as fair to point out where a presidential campaign may be losing.

most people who know the "game", know it isnt over til the 4th quarter though.

:drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-12-2008 05:42 PM

Re: Democrats & Republicans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 453609)
LLT, im glad to see you start this thread. :hatsoff: i have already said my piece in revs thread and apologized to him.

Thank you Tony
:drink:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum