Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Big Ten Showdowns (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28067)

revefsreleets 10-13-2008 09:39 AM

Big Ten Showdowns

The next couple of weeks will go a long way to determining how things shakeout in the Big 10. Michigan at Happy Valley will probably be a dud since the Wolverines suck open ass this year, but UM has given PSU fits recently, so it'll be interesting to see if the much more talented Lions can get that monkey off their back. The only hope for Michigan is that their defense plays well and keeps them in the game and they get a couple breaks via TO's or ST's. I really think the Lions will slaughter the Wolverines though...this could get ugly.

It's really already down to a 3 way race, with OSU and MSU the only other top-notch teams in the B10 (Illinois losing to Minnesota, who is improved, but, c'mon...it's still just the Gophers, really knocked them out of the picture). OSU plays in East Lansing this week and if the Bucks can't get some blocking up front the Spartans might take this one from the Bucks. Still, I don't see that happening as Tress has been SUPER conservative the last few weeks in order to protect Pryor. It's time to to unleash the hounds this week and start throwing the ball down the field.

Hopefully both PSU and OSU win and both teams are in the Top 10 for the showdown on the 25th. Either way, the next few weeks will pretty much determine who is who in the Big 10.

El-Gonzo Jackson 10-13-2008 10:43 AM

Re: Big Ten Showdowns

Yeah, I hope PSU smacks the buckeyes. I agree that Tressel has been scaling it down for Pryor, but he has looked like a freshman with his decision making, but not athleticism.

OSU should have lost to Wisconsin and neither looked impressive. I love big 10 football in the fall......hate the influx of the spread offense though. Keep that stuff out of here and use it in conferences where they dont want to run the ball down somebodys throat.

atlsteelers 10-13-2008 12:41 PM

i am hoping OSU beats penn state. But after seeing penn state dismantle a wisconsin team that gave OSU fits. i am thinking that Penn State is a 10 point favorite over OSU.

revefsreleets 10-13-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlsteelers (Post 454078)
i am hoping OSU beats penn state. But after seeing penn state dismantle a wisconsin team that gave OSU fits. i am thinking that Penn State is a 10 point favorite over OSU.

The other recent shared litmus test was Purdue. I'm throwing Wiscy out. They are phoning the rest of their season in.

PSU 20 Purdue 6
OSU 13 Purdue 3

I think we can safely say that Purdue has a good defense.

lilyoder6 10-13-2008 09:31 PM

michigan and wisconsin fell HARD this yr.. especially michigan.. i mean they lost to toledo?!?!?!?!?!?

psu should just dick all over michigan to another 48-7 scoring type game..

osu hasn't moved in the rankings since they were put at 12 or w/e.. so if they can win.. they might move up... maybe

revefsreleets 10-14-2008 08:16 AM

Correction: 16-3

If OSU beats MSU they'll move up because somebody will get upset, and MSU is also ranked #20.

atlsteelers 10-14-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 454175)
The other recent shared litmus test was Purdue. I'm throwing Wiscy out. They are phoning the rest of their season in.

PSU 20 Purdue 6
OSU 13 Purdue 3

I think we can safely say that Purdue has a good defense.

good point on wisconsin - the do look like the mailed it in.

lilyoder6 10-14-2008 09:44 PM

rev.. teams have been getting upset the past few weeks.. and osu hasn't moved.. i mean shit usc is alrdy back to number 6 (isn't the bcs trying so hard to get usc back to NC title game)

atlsteelers 10-15-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyoder6 (Post 454884)
rev.. teams have been getting upset the past few weeks.. and osu hasn't moved.. i mean shit usc is alrdy back to number 6 (isn't the bcs trying so hard to get usc back to NC title game)

everybody knows USC gets a pass every year. With OSU i think the voters are waiting on the penn state game - you guys beat them - you will regain a lot of respect.

revefsreleets 10-15-2008 10:37 AM

Yeah, the USC debacle is hanging over the Buckeyes heads. The Wisconsin win was tainted because the Badgers lost to Michigan. They haven't really played anybody else, and they've been SO conservative on offense that they haven't beaten these mediocre teams convincingly enough to move. The next two weeks will shape their entire season.