Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I'm going to be on KDKA (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2810)

TasmanianTroy271 12-03-2005 05:09 PM

I'm going to be on KDKA

Representing my school on Hometown High-Q, we just recorded it today and it should air some Saturday at 11. I'll be sure to let you guys know the exact date. My team won, too, by the way, so I'll be on again. Playoffs, here I come! lol

BlitzburghRockCity 12-03-2005 05:33 PM

Re: I'm going to be on KDKA

:cheers: Way cool !!! Congrats!

SalukiSteelers 12-03-2005 06:46 PM

Sweet, dude. I never did that in high school but when I went to a JUCO, before heading to SIU, I was on the college equivelant and got my books for free.

Good luck in the playoffs or people will be on you like they pile on Cowher.

SteelCityMan786 12-03-2005 07:06 PM

Great to here that troy. and congratulations. Who was the school you went up against.

Prosdo 12-03-2005 08:28 PM

Awesome job Tas. Congrats!

TasmanianTroy271 12-03-2005 08:46 PM

The other schools were Perry and Riverview. I just checked the website and I think it's going to air in March!!! :P so I'll end up filming another episode before this one goes to air, lol. I didn't think it'd be so long to air, you know? Anyways, the website says March 18th, so if any of you want to mark it down, I'll be sure to repost it. The best part is I'm not even in the Gifted program or anything. They said something about tryouts on the announcements, and I tried out. I got 2nd alternate. Then when practice started, the first alternate ended up never coming, so I moved up to first alternate. Then one of the team members thought I was doing better in practice then him, so he gave me his spot. I never thought I'd make it on. lol

P.S. I got a free sweatshirt, T-shirt, water bottle, pen, and magnet!!! I'm a free stuff wh0re, anyone else?

Suitanim 12-03-2005 09:16 PM

Please elaborate...I'm a little lost. Alternate to what?

BlitzburghRockCity 12-03-2005 09:57 PM

Free stuff is awesome !!! :dancing:

TasmanianTroy271 12-03-2005 11:11 PM

like, in case one of the people couldn't make it to the taping, the first alternate would take his place. If another couldnt make it, the second would come in.

melroseplace 12-09-2005 05:38 PM

I was on KDKA when I went to the Bettis show :)