Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nittany Lions, Come Out And Play! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28207)

revefsreleets 10-19-2008 08:25 PM

Nittany Lions, Come Out And Play!

It's the one week a year when I must break with most of my Steeler brethren, and I don't look forward to some of the fallout from that, but I DO love how competitive the games have been as of late. Two of the most storied programs in college football squaring off in the center ring, and it makes it even juicier that PSU is 3 and OSU is 9 in BCS rankings.

Just getting this started, but it'll be fun sparring this week and can't WAIT for the game next Saturday night!

SteelCityMan786 10-19-2008 09:19 PM

Re: Nittany Lions, Come Out And Play!

It will sure be an interesting Saturday Night in Columbus, Ohio.

xfl2001fan 10-19-2008 09:31 PM

Unlike Revs, I'm used to being at odds with the members of this site in regards to the teams I love!

I'm looking forward to the game Saturday night...but I don't believe for a second that my team will be able to walk all over PSU. They are a very talented team led by as classy a coach as exists in the game today.

SteelCityMan786 10-19-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfl2001fan (Post 457439)
Unlike Revs, I'm used to being at odds with the members of this site in regards to the teams I love!

I'm looking forward to the game Saturday night...but I don't believe for a second that my team will be able to walk all over PSU. They are a very talented team led by as classy a coach as exists in the game today.

Not to mention Tressel has molded OSU's program in the shape of Penn State.

revefsreleets 10-20-2008 09:46 AM

Although Michigan State is a very good football team, PSU is in a whole other class. This will be a tight game no matter what, of that I'm sure...

revefsreleets 10-20-2008 01:24 PM

Can't believe how deep the hate for OSU runs! After they destroyed a very good MSU team on the road, Vegas is favoring PSU by one after they beat up a very bad Michigan team at home.

I was thinking 2.5 the other way as the opening odds...

Stlrs4Life 10-25-2008 11:31 PM

We Are Penn State!!

rbryan 10-26-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 457388)
It's the one week a year when I must break with most of my Steeler brethren, and I don't look forward to some of the fallout from that, but I DO love how competitive the games have been as of late. Two of the most storied programs in college football squaring off in the center ring, and it makes it even juicier that PSU is 3 and OSU is 9 in BCS rankings.

Just getting this started, but it'll be fun sparring this week and can't WAIT for the game next Saturday night!

Where ya at???? Hope you aren't hanging on to the notion that TP is going to be any better next year.

Your boy's been weighed and measured.......I don't see him learning how to be a real QB anytime soon. Maybe he can line up as an HBack next year.

revefsreleets 10-26-2008 03:41 PM

Huh? They didn't let him throw the ball downfield. When he was allowed to, he did well...converted several sweet 3rd and longs.

He's 19. If you think he's not gonna be one of the great one's, you're smoking some of Santo's stash...

His numbers weren't bad. 64% completions for 226 yards, and that one hail Mary INT.

lilyoder6 10-26-2008 04:06 PM

it was a good game by the defenses... i thought the score was going to be higher, but oh well... For the most part pryor did do well, but he couldn't run against us... passing was pretty nice, but like the announcers said, he too young to be able to find his 2nd or 3rd option... good game all and all..