Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Can't beat 'em, threaten 'em. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28323)

Edman 10-23-2008 12:43 AM

Can't beat 'em, threaten 'em.

What do the Bengals, Browns, and Ravens have in common?

They hate the Steelers immensely and have resorted to slander/threats/cheap shots to get at them. But it doesn't work. They keep coming at them with things like...

"(So and so) is dirty"
"We're the better team"
"We're gonna take out (Steelers player)"
"We hurt (Steelers player)"
"I hate the Steelers, I hate their fans, I hate their colors"-At least Carson was honest.
"We'll get them next time"
"I'll kill (so and so)"
"(So and So) didn't do anything, he sucks"
"I hit (Steelers player), and he'll never forget it"

But the Steelers keep on winning.

I seems every so often players from these lmediocre and downright bad bottomfeeders talk a load of shit on the Steelers in the media, about injuring their players or how much they hate them. Even when they're not even playing the Steelers, or after the game in general. Chris McCallister, Braylon Edwards, TJ Douche, Eight Five, Andre Davis, Devan Holly, Carson Palmer, Ray the Knife, Bart Scott, Chin Dukwe, Terrell Suggs...The list goes on.

I know they're rivals, but geez.

MACH1 10-23-2008 12:52 AM

Re: Can't beat 'em, threaten 'em.

It’s a neverending cycle with the Steelers and their opponents. They come out, rough somebody up, the opponent’s teammates vow to get revenge. Next game comes along.. The Steelers come out, rough somebody up, the opponent’s teammates vow to get revenge.

RoethlisBURGHer 11-01-2008 07:15 PM

We're in their heads so bad that they are thinking about us when preparing to play a team other than us. They are making comments to the media about the Steelers weeks before playing us.

I love it, we have a psycological edge over the other three teams in our division.

I guess that happens when those three teams are consistantly looking up at us in the standings.

stillers4me 11-01-2008 07:49 PM

I live in Cinci, and trust me, they are obsessed with the Steelers.

My hubby wore his Ben jersey to work yesterday and someone said, "how can you live with yourself?"

He said, "What's it like being 0-8?" :chuckle:

Dodt 11-01-2008 11:40 PM

anybody rember if the oilers pull this kind of stuff back when they were in the central.

Stlrs4Life 11-02-2008 08:48 PM

You bet they did.

SteelersMongol 11-03-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 465134)
I live in Cinci, and trust me, they are obsessed with the Steelers.

My hubby wore his Ben jersey to work yesterday and someone said, "how can you live with yourself?"

He said, "What's it like being 0-8?" :chuckle:

HA HA HA. Nice pull. Your husband is the man. :thumbsup:

memphissteelergirl 11-05-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer (Post 465121)
We're in their heads
I guess that happens when those three teams are consistantly looking up at us in the standings.

:applaudit::thumbsup:

lilyoder6 11-05-2008 04:09 PM

those teasm are just in the denial stage... they can't seem to let it go that they suck and we are better..... maybe when they can honestly accept that fact, then maybe, maybe they can move on to become a better team..

Preacher 11-08-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyoder6 (Post 469149)
those teasm are just in the denial stage... they can't seem to let it go that they suck and we are better..... maybe when they can honestly accept that fact, then maybe, maybe they can move on to become a better team..

I will agree with that concerning the Ohio teams.

But the Ratbirds split the season with us pretty much every year, regardless of who is the better team.