Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TailGating Stories (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2845)

ShiestyLG 12-05-2005 01:35 PM

TailGating Stories

Hey, my names Matt and I'm a Pitt student. For one of my classes I'm writing a paper on tailgating and was wondering if I could get some stories of tailgaiting from some fans.

How often do you tailgate? Do you tailgate for other teams?

What's some of the craziest tailgating experiences that you can remember?

Why do you tailgate?

Do you have tixits to the game or do you just go to tailgate?

Other than drink and eat, what else do you do while tailgating?

Thanks.

Suitanim 12-05-2005 05:13 PM

Re: TailGating Stories

Hmmm...I'll start. I tailgate for every football game I go to, even the college games. I tailgate namely to socialize with people I meet on Message Boards, truth be told. Since a lot of them are from all over the Country, and I only post on Steelers BB's, meeting at games is the only way to ever see them in person. As for tickets, I don't always have tickets when I get to the tailgate, but I always do by time I leave.

Some of the weirdest stuff I've seen was tailgating at the annual draft day party my other BB holds at Heinz Field every Draft Day. An old man with a Llama stopped by once...still not sure why the Hell the guy had a Llama in the Heinz Field parking lot, but he did. Come to think of it, I may not be the best person to recollect stories of wild tailgate going-on's, since they usually involve me and copious amounts of alcohol.

Probably the worst part is all the homeless people begging for food and panhandling.

Stlrs4Life 12-05-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiestyLG
Hey, my names Matt and I'm a Pitt student. For one of my classes I'm writing a paper on tailgating and was wondering if I could get some stories of tailgaiting from some fans.

Why do you tailgate?

Thanks.

I am part of a Huge Tailgate. Each one of us bring something to the Tailgate to eat, plus you bring your own choice of Beverage. Mine is IC Light, of couse. It's a Burgh Thing! We have been tailgating together now for over 13 years, even though I met up with them then, the older ones have been tailgating for over 25 years! Our Tailgate has won alot of awards over the past. In 2001 we won the Jack Daniels Award for best Tailgate in Pittsburgh! Steelers ruined it for us though. We tailgate every Steelers game. Lots open 5 hours before game time, so the tailgate starts promptly then. We evern tailgate when ever we go for a road game. We have tailgated at Baltimore, Cincy, and Buffalo. Buffalo is a great tailgating stadium. We all have tickets inside the game. But have hosted people who just come down to tailgate, then walk over too Hi Tops and watch it. We have this tradition of, every so often during the tailgate that we call "Meeting Time". We pour alot of Shots, mostly of Schnaaps. After the Shots are poured, our leader shouts: "Whose House is it?", and we yell Back "Steelers House!" and then you down your shot! It's fun, and tailgating is part of the NFL game experience if you ask me. Majority opf the people hang out drink a few beers, and talk about various things about anything. There is toom many stories that I can tell you, if you want to give me a call, I'll talk to ya. My phone number is: 724-964-1119. I'll help you anyway that I can. I hate typing! LOL! You aere more than welcome to join us this Sunday for the Bears game. We are in Blue Lot #7F. I'll post a map for you. Look for a yelow Ford Escape, parked next to a Black Chevy Envoy.

clevestinks 12-13-2005 05:50 PM

I usually tailgate at every game I go to. Mostly Steelers. I`ve also tailgated at PSU. We met up with some Braves fans and tailgated at the Pirates playoff game in early 90`s. They were rooting for the wrong team, but they sure could party.

clevestinks 12-14-2005 02:56 PM

Blitz, Prosdo, MIKE. Help. where is everyone??

83-Steelers-43 01-03-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiestyLG

Why do you tailgate?

Thanks.

Question 1) Every Steelers home game.

Question 2) Just the Steelers.

Question 3) I really don't have any crazy stories. Pretty much a well behaved crowd. Rowdy and loud, but we keep it under control.

Question 4) I tailgate because we have the greatest fans in the NFL. Why would you not want to be around that type of atmosphere? Also, the smell of charcoal, smoked meat and beer during a cold Winter Sunday at Heinz Field is something everybody should experience at least one time before they die.

Question 5) I have season tickets and I tailgate.

Question 6) Besides drinking and eating we listen to the pre-game shows, throw the pigskin around, listen to music and conversate with other fellow hardcore Steeler fans.

GO STEELERS!!!!