Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Looking for Steelers v Cowboys Tickets (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28465)

roscoe777 10-27-2008 09:46 PM

Looking for Steelers v Cowboys Tickets

My wife and I are making our once a year journey to the home land December 7th. I would LOVE to see this game! Plus my wife has never been to a Steeler's game, I think this would be a pretty sweet first one. Please help me!:tt03::tt03:

stlrtruck 10-28-2008 07:48 AM

Re: Looking for Steelers v Cowboys Tickets

Try ticket master, you might get lucky there. I would suggest trying every few days, that's how I scored tickets to the WS supposedly after the tickets were sold out.

the_king_from_leon 10-28-2008 08:24 AM

Failing that Stubhub a few days before the game will mean you get closer to face value

randy06 10-28-2008 11:28 AM

ebay

roscoe777 10-29-2008 09:17 PM

yeah, stubhub and others have the tickets starting $250 and up. I was hoping to get someone with face value tickets. I'll have to keep my eye out and check ebay as well.

the_king_from_leon 10-30-2008 04:55 AM

If you wait until a couple of days before the game you are more likely to get tickets at closer to face value as people try to get rid of their spares

steelerchad 11-02-2008 11:55 AM

Close to face value is likely not a possibility for this game unless both teams lose several games between now and Dec 7th. There are a few games every year that actually go up closer to the game. The Browns game last year and the Giants game this year were that way. Both games ticket prices continued up where you couldn't get anything less than $450-$500 a pair. The Dallas game is bigger than both of those and unless both teams drop out of the playoff race I don't think you'll find much under $200 per ticket. Honestly- If I saw something under $200 per ticket I might jump on it if I were you. Good Luck.

the_king_from_leon 11-03-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 465286)
Close to face value is likely not a possibility for this game unless both teams lose several games between now and Dec 7th. There are a few games every year that actually go up closer to the game. The Browns game last year and the Giants game this year were that way. Both games ticket prices continued up where you couldn't get anything less than $450-$500 a pair. The Dallas game is bigger than both of those and unless both teams drop out of the playoff race I don't think you'll find much under $200 per ticket. Honestly- If I saw something under $200 per ticket I might jump on it if I were you. Good Luck.

Good point it was that way a few years ago for the Dolphins opening the season when I was out there last....couldnt afford to go in the end.

Steelerchad will I have any issues getting a ticket to see us play the Bungles closer to the game? At face value/cheaper than stubhub now?

Steel Duck 11-03-2008 06:05 AM

We bought ours on ebay..and the seats were awesome!!!! I kept the guys name in case we ever wanted to buy more from him..I can put you in touch with him if you like. He has a season pass and frequently has to sell seats for games he's not in town for.

steelerchad 11-05-2008 12:32 PM

King- You're in luck. The Bungles game is the one game where you're going to be able to get a Steelers home game for around face value. In addition to the Bungles being terrible this season, it is a Thursday night game. Monday's and even Sunday nights are always cheaper than Sunday day games. But a Thursday night is going to be even cheaper because of the amount of fans who don't want to take off work, especially 2 days to go to the game. We have alot of season ticket holder who live more than several hours away and won't attend this game. If you look at Stubhub the Bengals game has alot more tickets for sale and the prices are already much lower than the other games. Supply is heavy and demand is light. I'm in this boat as well, I've actually got tickets for this game and may not come in for it as I live in Richmond. Luckily my seats are on the 50 so if I don't go I'll be able to get them sold.

Good luck- and this is one game I would definately wait it out.