Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Way I See It (For What its Worth) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2849)

Livinginthe past 12-05-2005 04:18 PM

The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
First up - let me say how impressed I was by the general conduct of the Steeler and Bengal fans after yesterdays game - yes there was smack talk but I think it was all (or mostly) in good humor.

Hats off to the Bengals who truly took a big step to being recognised as a genuine force in the NFL this year - they are clearly on the up-and-up whereas the Steelers are entering a phase of consolidation.

Im not attempting to be any sort of forum-police officer, but they way I see it, if you are going to talk smack on an opponents forum after your teams wins then you really ought to be here to talk football BEFORE the game - not just show up after.

Its a shame that ICH has chosen to regress to childish baiting of forum members - what happened buddy?....I thought we had you almost reformed?

As a Patriots fan all I ask for is a little respect for my team - which I get 99% of the time - and believe me I know its hard to give any sort of props to a team that has ended your post-season the last couple of years.

Posters who are here to exclusively talk smack are pretty one-dimensional characters - Football is a great game and its nice to get the perspective of other teams fans without resorting to personal and team related insults.

Well - ive said my bit.....maybe others see the forum in a different way.

regards

NM

Suitanim 12-05-2005 04:45 PM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
I said congratulations once, told the fans to enjoy their win twice, and said the Bengals were one of the 2 best teams in football once. It KILLED me to do so, but, even though I threw out some backhanded compliments, I was probably as cordial and complimentary as I've ever been to another team ever...

Then ICH showed up and ruined it all...

clevestinks 12-19-2005 05:07 AM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
First up - let me say how impressed I was by the general conduct of the Steeler and Bengal fans after yesterdays game - yes there was smack talk but I think it was all (or mostly) in good humor.

Hats off to the Bengals who truly took a big step to being recognised as a genuine force in the NFL this year - they are clearly on the up-and-up whereas the Steelers are entering a phase of consolidation.

Im not attempting to be any sort of forum-police officer, but they way I see it, if you are going to talk smack on an opponents forum after your teams wins then you really ought to be here to talk football BEFORE the game - not just show up after.

Its a shame that ICH has chosen to regress to childish baiting of forum members - what happened buddy?....I thought we had you almost reformed?

As a Patriots fan all I ask for is a little respect for my team - which I get 99% of the time - and believe me I know its hard to give any sort of props to a team that has ended your post-season the last couple of years.

Posters who are here to exclusively talk smack are pretty one-dimensional characters - Football is a great game and its nice to get the perspective of other teams fans without resorting to personal and team related insults.

Well - ive said my bit.....maybe others see the forum in a different way.

regards

NM

Well said. I cant believe I missed this thread until now. All points well taken too. Thee old "Don`t dish it out of you can`t take theory" LOL. Your are right though, either show up on a consistent basis, or do`nt show up at all. Even if you just show up when the Steeles play your team, show up a couple days before, and a couple days after. And when, I`m mean if, you lose show up and take your smack!

Motley Nate 12-22-2005 05:45 PM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
I think we should enjoy the new rivalry for what it is. Neither the Browns or Ravens will be competitive for a while. As far as I'm concerned it's a two team division for a while. Let's have Cincy / Pitt part III!

SteelCityMan786 12-22-2005 05:55 PM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
I'd take you guys on a 3rd time. The Rivalry in this Division that will pretty much determine it is BENGALS v.s. STEELERS

Motley Nate 12-22-2005 06:00 PM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
I'd take you guys on a 3rd time. The Rivalry in this Division that will pretty much determine it is BENGALS v.s. STEELERS

I will contend that in the next few years it will be named the AFC Cincinnati division. :grin:

This is going to be a tough, hard fought rivalry.

clevestinks 12-22-2005 08:30 PM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
Its alwasy us and somebody, but SOMEBODY, is never the brownies

SteelCityMan786 12-22-2005 08:50 PM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Its alwasy us and somebody, but SOMEBODY, is never the brownies

Never will be the Brownies. The Browns should be moved to another city like last time. Might I suggest the pick up in the middle of the night.

BlitzburghRockCity 12-23-2005 12:38 AM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
And so I love to hate the ratbirds.... but damn for so long the bengal/steeler rivalry hasnt been much of one.. The ratbirds took that honor.. but after this year, the tide could be turning in a big way..

SteelCityMan786 12-23-2005 08:59 AM

Re: The Way I See It (For What its Worth)
 
No Doubt BRC. The Ratbirds aren't contenders anymore


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum