Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Retkofsky signed as long snapper (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28492)

steelerstrade 10-28-2008 12:03 PM

Steelers could sign long-snapper, punter

Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers could sign more than a long-snapper this week to replace injured Greg Warren. They have also brought in a punter to possibly replace hobbled Mitch Berger.

Ricky Schmitt, who worked out for the team the week of the Sept. 14 game in Cleveland, could sign with the Steelers if Berger is unable to punt against the Washington Redskins because of a hamstring injury in his left leg.

Also, free safety Ryan Clark, who sustained a dislocated shoulder against the New York Giants, is not expected to play against the Washington Redskins. However, it is not known how long he will be sidelined with the injury.

The Steelers have brought in four candidates to replace long-snapper Greg Warren, who tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee against the Giants and will not play the remainder of the season. Among the candidates: Jared Retkofsky, who was with the Steelers in training camp as a rookie free agent.

Schmitt, who played at Shepherd University, a Division II school near Washington, D.C., signed with the Arizona Cardinals as a rookie free agent in 2007 and was waived at the end of training camp.

He was signed by the San Francisco 49ers this season and waived again at the end of training camp. Schmitt is a left-footed punter.

lamberts-lost-tooth 10-28-2008 02:36 PM

Retkofsky signed as long snapper

Just got the alert from KDKA...Jared Retkofsky signed.

Carolina Steelers 10-28-2008 02:39 PM

Re: Retkofsky signed as long snapper

Damn I was beat by 2 mins.

KeiselPower99 10-28-2008 02:44 PM

Figured he would be the guy

KeiselPower99 10-28-2008 02:46 PM

Re: Steelers could sign long-snapper, punter

That wouldnt happen to be the might Shepard Rams of the WVIAC would it???

stlrtruck 10-28-2008 02:52 PM

Re: Steelers could sign long-snapper, punter

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 (Post 463618)
That wouldnt happen to be the might Shepard Rams of the WVIAC would it???

That would be them. The Mighty Rams, last time I checked they were still coached by Coach Monty. Also, they've got one heck of a crazy strength and conditioning coach there too - Pete Yurish.

Preacher 10-28-2008 02:54 PM

They way this season has gone...

That snapper... will somehow make a great play and win a game for us... then get injured in the next game. I just don't get it! :hunch:

stillers4me 10-28-2008 05:35 PM

What? James didn't get the job? :chuckle:

DACEB 10-28-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 463702)
What? James didn't get the job? :chuckle:

That is sooooo wrong!

steelpride12 10-28-2008 08:44 PM

James is not gonna be able to sleep for awhile.