Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best way to get from NYC to Pitt & also bag lockers near stadium? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28539)

the_king_from_leon 10-30-2008 08:32 AM

Best way to get from NYC to Pitt & also bag lockers near stadium?

Right as some of you know I am travelling over from London for 2 games this year (Chargers and Bungles)

I have bought my ticket for the Chargers game but am holding off until I get out there for the Bungles one as it being a Thursday night playing a winless team it may be easier to buy one nearer face value then....anyways thats not what this thread is about.

I need to get from NYC over to Pittsburgh for the Sunday game, at the moment I am looking at Jetblue on Sunday morning, is this a good way to get there? I then need to return to NYC after the thursday game, am I best getting a Greyhound coach after the game? Any travel information would be greatly appreciated

I also know that you cannot take bags into the stadium as I will not be driving I cannot leave them in my car, is there any bag lockers near the stadium or does anyone know the best thing to do with bags and not having a car???

Thanks,

TailgateMel 10-30-2008 10:06 AM

Re: Best way to get from NYC to Pitt & also bag lockers near stadium?

I would get on the EARLIEST Jet Blue flight you can get on... I fly to NYC & back a lot & there are almost ALWAYS delays at JFK, especially the later you get in the day.

As far as your bags... what hotel are you staying in? Will they hold your bags for you?

Mel

the_king_from_leon 10-30-2008 11:19 AM

Hey mel,

I am staying with some friends but they arent particularly close to the stadium. I was thinking about the bag situation more just before I left after the thursday game

Felix

nojobny 10-30-2008 09:59 PM

Are you not driving b/c you don't have a license or b/c of the cost of a car?

If' it's costs, you should check out www.priceline.com. I fly into the games all the time and I usually can get a car for about $35 USD incld tax.

It's so easy to get from PIT to Heinz Field you should consider it.

the_king_from_leon 10-31-2008 06:47 AM

The issue would be that if I was to hire a car and drive then I wouldnt be able to drink during the tailgating/game. Having come all the way over from the UK I want to be able to make the most of it.

I am also happy to be able to catch cabs/busses around the place. Just wandering if anyone knew about anywhere to leave a bag etc?

Do you come up from NYC then for the games?

XxKnightxX 10-31-2008 01:17 PM

Yeah adding on to that, how much would a cab from the airport to heinz field would cost?

NJarhead 10-31-2008 02:34 PM

I drive it. PA Turnpike all the way. about 5.5 hours (I'm in Central Jersey though). For you the route would be Interstate 78 to Harrisburg, then PA TNPK (Interstate 76). It's a quick trip.

TailgateMel 10-31-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 464693)
I drive it. PA Turnpike all the way. about 5.5 hours (I'm in Central Jersey though). For you the route would be Interstate 78 to Harrisburg, then PA TNPK (Interstate 76). It's a quick trip.

Gotta add on a lot of time to that coming from JFK...

Felix, I sent you a PM.

Mel

NJarhead 10-31-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TailgateMel (Post 464700)
Gotta add on a lot of time to that coming from JFK...

Felix, I sent you a PM.

Mel

1/2 hour - 45 mins at best. I can get to JFK on about 30 mins.