Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kordell Stewart says Ben could learn from Campbell (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28630)

Carolina Steelers 11-03-2008 01:23 PM

Kordell Stewart says Ben could learn from Campbell

Just saw Kordell on First Take on ESPN he said Ben could take a page from Jason Campbell you dont always need to make a big play just take your check down. Thats why Jason has no interceptions this year. Then the Host said Ben is a superbowl QB then Kordell said he can always learn something. (To me he had a little resentment on his face when he was talking) and by the way he picked Redskins over the Steelers.

tyler289 11-03-2008 01:29 PM

Re: Kordell Stewart says Ben could learn from Campbell

Every QB in the NFL could learn from his peers. Ben needs to learn to get rid of the ball (throw it away..check down, etc) just like other QBs all have flaws.

Amazing how desperate First Take gets for guests.

fansince'76 11-03-2008 01:33 PM

Sorry, I don't take much stock in a former "QB" (and I'm using that term VERY loosely here) who cost us two trips to the SB with his shitty play regarding his "advice" to Ben on how to play QB. And since the "advice" was broadcast on none other than the Disney Channel, errr, ESPN, I lend it even less credence. :coffee:

Tankus_Maximus 11-03-2008 01:42 PM

I would like to see Ben hit his check downs more often, rather than hold onto the ball forever and a day...his check down usually is a wide-open HEATH MILLER!!!

The_WARDen 11-03-2008 01:44 PM

the next time Campbell or Kordella wins something...let me know.

:blah::blah::blah:

MasterOfPuppets 11-03-2008 01:51 PM

i've seen pop warner QB's kordell could've taken a page from....:toofunny:

steelreserve 11-03-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 465773)
Sorry, I don't take much stock in a former "QB" (and I'm using that term VERY loosely here) who cost us two trips to the SB with his shitty play regarding his "advice" to Ben on how to play QB. And since the "advice" was broadcast on none other than the Disney Channel, errr, ESPN, I lend it even less credence. :coffee:

Yeah, but in this case, it doesn't really matter who's saying it. Anyone but an idiot can see that Ben's taking a lot more dumb chances this season. He's always been good at improvising and making plays with his mobility, but that only helps when you scramble and THEN make a smart play. It doesn't work as well when you're consistently gambling on an off-balance throw into coverage, or on some moonball 40 yards down the field.

fansince'76 11-03-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelreserve (Post 465789)
Yeah, but in this case, it doesn't really matter who's saying it. Anyone but an idiot can see that Ben's taking a lot more dumb chances this season. He's always been good at improvising and making plays with his mobility, but that only helps when you scramble and THEN make a smart play. It doesn't work as well when you're consistently gambling on an off-balance throw into coverage, or on some moonball 40 yards down the field.

Before the Giants game where he truly did play poorly (4 picks) he had 3 picks through six games, which would have put him at 8 for the year had that rate held. Be that as it may, I don't think Korkie is in any position to be giving advice on how to play QB in the NFL. On his worst day, Ben is still 10X the QB Korkie was on his best day, IMO.

lamberts-lost-tooth 11-03-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 465773)

Sorry Kordell, park's closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya!

OneForTheToe 11-03-2008 02:15 PM

That would be like me me offering driving tips to jimmy johnson just because I made it to Wal-Mart from my house in under 15 minutes.