Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Feedback & Support (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Political threads (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28783)

tony hipchest 11-06-2008 10:18 PM

Political threads

we have a recipie thread that probably hasnt been posted in in months. hell we have a pirates sub-forum (and as a pirate fan i know there aint much good to talk about there).

is it too much to ask for a political sub-forum? i happen to like the political discussions and the civil debates they can often bring forth. i also regard the locker room as my 3rd-4th most favorite forum here, and see that some people dont want it infected with political talk now that the election is over.

it seems like a convinient solution to me. :noidea:

SteelCityMan786 11-06-2008 10:25 PM

Re: Political threads

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 469909)
we have a recipie thread that probably hasnt been posted in in months. hell we have a pirates sub-forum (and as a pirate fan i know there aint much good to talk about there).

is it too much to ask for a political sub-forum? i happen to like the political discussions and the civil debates they can often bring forth. i also regard the locker room as my 3rd-4th most favorite forum here, and see that some people dont want it infected with political talk now that the election is over.

it seems like a convinient solution to me. :noidea:

I have been pushing for it for awhile now.

tony hipchest 11-06-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 469916)
I have been pushing for it for awhile now.

i can see why not to make a change "mid-season".

but now its obvious some would still like to continue to be able to discuss it, whereas others just want people to cut it out.

i would prefer we still be able to post freely w/o non-mods suggesting what we should or should not post about.

the only other reasonable solution to the "problem" is to outlaw political talk all together and the mods have already said that is not an option under consideration (as well it shouldnt be).

MACH1 11-06-2008 11:33 PM

Sounds good to me. Then people wouldn't have to wade through them in the locker room.

Preacher 11-07-2008 01:27 AM

I do think it might be a good idea.

However, political threads seem to come alive around election time and then die out.

Who knows.

GutterflowerSteel 11-07-2008 03:51 AM

I vote for establishing a political sub forum too - the Locker Room is already too clogged up with political threads. Even though the election is over, the new administration is just getting started and there will be lots for the political aficionados to talk about. I don't see the political threads ending just because the election did.

Leftoverhard 11-07-2008 11:49 AM

I second that

Steel Duck 11-08-2008 03:05 AM

I'm voting yes to sub forum

PisnNapalm 11-08-2008 07:36 AM

Bring it on.... I'm ready.

Crushzilla 11-08-2008 09:52 AM

As long as it doesn't interfere with the recipe forum...

Don't you ruin this for me, Hipchest...