Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gutless Mike Tomlin (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28893)

maqen 11-10-2008 06:30 PM

Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach by not starting Brian Leftwich, instead of Big Ben, againts Indianapolis.
Many of us who have lived and died with the Steelrs for over 20 years, are more loyal to the team, than loyal to one player.
Many of us are still analyzing Mike Tomlin as the new coach of the Steelers. We are still feeling him out.
This was Tomlin's opportunity to finally remove the qustion marks of his abillity to be a good/great Steeler coach, instead of being a patsy. It was a chance to do what great leaders do, by dismissing the status quo and doing what is truly the right thing to do.
It was evident that Leftwich was the quarterback of choice after the Washington Redskins game.
Many of us love and respect Big Ben. And we thank him for the Super bowl win. However, we also realize that this is a team sport. You have to do what is right for the team.
Great leaders have displayed courage by ignoring the critics and doing what is right. Tomlin has another opportunity this week againts the Chargers.

NJarhead 11-10-2008 06:33 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maqen (Post 472707)
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach by not starting Brian Leftwich, instead of Big Ben, againts Indianapolis.
Many of us who have lived and died with the Steelrs for over 20 years, are more loyal to the team, than loyal to one player.
Many of us are still analyzing Mike Tomlin as the new coach of the Steelers. We are still feeling him out.
This was Tomlin's opportunity to finally remove the qustion marks of his abillity to be a good/great Steeler coach, instead of being a patsy. It was a chance to do what great leaders do, by dismissing the status quo and doing what is truly the right thing to do.
It was evident that Leftwich was the quarterback of choice after the Washington Redskins game.
Many of us love and respect Big Ben. And we thank him for the Super bowl win. However, we also realize that this is a team sport. You have to do what is right for the team.
Great leaders have displayed courage by ignoring the critics and doing what is right. Tomlin has another opportunity this week againts the Chargers.


Soooo..., you contemplated what your first post would be and came up with this?

Tomlin never struck me as the type to care what critics say. And unless Ben is injured, I disagree that MT can bench him in favor of Lefty without negative repercussions.

Steelman16 11-10-2008 06:37 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 472708)
Soooo..., you contemplated what your first post would be and came up with this?

It's the rite of passage amongst professional trollers. :toofunny:

Quote:

Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach by not starting Brian Leftwich, instead of Big Ben, againts Indianapolis.
Many of us who have lived and died with the Steelrs for over 20 years, are more loyal to the team, than loyal to one player.
Many of us are still analyzing Mike Tomlin as the new coach of the Steelers. We are still feeling him out.
This was Tomlin's opportunity to finally remove the qustion marks of his abillity to be a good/great Steeler coach, instead of being a patsy. It was a chance to do what great leaders do, by dismissing the status quo and doing what is truly the right thing to do.
It was evident that Leftwich was the quarterback of choice after the Washington Redskins game.
Many of us love and respect Big Ben. And we thank him for the Super bowl win. However, we also realize that this is a team sport. You have to do what is right for the team.
Great leaders have displayed courage by ignoring the critics and doing what is right. Tomlin has another opportunity this week againts the Chargers.
And if Ben had thrown 3 TD's and ran in another 2, what would you have posted?

ShutDown24 11-10-2008 06:38 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maqen (Post 472707)
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach by not starting Brian Leftwich, instead of Big Ben, againts Indianapolis.
Many of us who have lived and died with the Steelrs for over 20 years, are more loyal to the team, than loyal to one player.
Many of us are still analyzing Mike Tomlin as the new coach of the Steelers. We are still feeling him out.
This was Tomlin's opportunity to finally remove the qustion marks of his abillity to be a good/great Steeler coach, instead of being a patsy. It was a chance to do what great leaders do, by dismissing the status quo and doing what is truly the right thing to do.
It was evident that Leftwich was the quarterback of choice after the Washington Redskins game.
Many of us love and respect Big Ben. And we thank him for the Super bowl win. However, we also realize that this is a team sport. You have to do what is right for the team.
Great leaders have displayed courage by ignoring the critics and doing what is right. Tomlin has another opportunity this week againts the Chargers.


Where were you before the game?

tony hipchest 11-10-2008 06:40 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maqen (Post 472707)
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach .

im guessing you were pretty hard on cowher and any steelers coach since 1980....

maqen 11-10-2008 06:42 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
Your response is ironic. Ironic, because your reply addresses your own response.
You have not responded to the topic on the table, but have responded to the fact that i have posted A topic. This is the first response to the topic? This forum is going to be interesting.

NJarhead 11-10-2008 06:53 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maqen (Post 472714)
Your response is ironic. Ironic, because your reply addresses your own response.
You have not responded to the topic on the table, but have responded to the fact that i have posted A topic. This is the first response to the topic?

:tap: WHAT????:hunch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maqen (Post 472714)
This forum is going to be interesting.

This forum already IS interesting..., and it was that way long before 7:30 this evening.

BTW, here: http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

maqen 11-10-2008 06:53 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 472713)
im guessing you were pretty hard on cowher and any steelers coach since 1980....

Cowher was a genuine Steeler coach. You could feel his pain whenever the Steelers lost. You could see that he coached every game with his heart. He was family.

After one year, alot of us still have question marks about Tomlin. It almost seems like Tomlin is just playing the role of a coach. Maybe he just needs a little more time to mold into a genuine Steeler coach.

beSteelmyheart 11-10-2008 06:57 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
My response to your attempt to stir up shit is that "You live & you learn".
I doubt if Mike Tomlin gives much of a crap about what you or any of us think. I think he's doing a good job. He's not perfect, but who is?
Think positive, at least we're not BungHole fans, or even worse, Lions fans, so lighten up.

iloveben7 11-10-2008 07:00 PM

Re: Gutless Mike Tomlin
 
^i honestly think Tomlin is a great coach, but it's only his 2nd year. His and Cowher's record is exactly the same after 24 games. I think he relates to the players a lot more than Cowher did because of his age. I've never heard one bad thing from the players about Tomlin, they really admire and respect him. Tomlin has a ton of emotion that he shows on the sideline.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum