Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Better view at Arena - D23 or E2 ??? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28907)

fosterbj 11-11-2008 10:34 AM

Better view at Arena - D23 or E2 ???

Who has lots of experience at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh? I am buying tickets for my 2 boys and my husband for their first ever Pens game on 11/15. I have a choice between E2 for $245 or D23 for $300 Which has the better view?

X-Terminator 11-11-2008 10:55 AM

Re: Better view at Arena - D23 or E2 ???

First of all, you're nuts if you pay that kind of cash for a game. I'd wait until Thursday or Friday to buy tickets (assuming you're using StubHub or Pens TicketExchange), because they will be MUCH cheaper by then - especially on StubHub. Second, it depends on where you are sitting in either section - the first few rows of E2 are good seats and would have a better view than D23, as you would be closer to the action. Hope you enjoy the game!

fosterbj 11-11-2008 11:12 AM

D23 Row M or E2 Row H. That is the price for all 4 tickets total not a piece. We are staying out this weekend to go to the Steeler game on Sunday and when I saw the pens were home Saturday, I thought it would work out perfect. I am orginally from out in that side or the state. My boys and hubby will be their 1st reg season steeler game and possibly 1st pro hockey game. Thought it may be a great weekend. Anyhow, I've been watching tix go on ebay for 4= $500 and can't pay that much. Saw these 4 for $230-$300 for all 4 and thought better. Stubhub had more tix 2 days ago and now not so many left to choice from.
Thanks for your response.

the_king_from_leon 11-11-2008 12:03 PM

The reason why they dont have so many now is that they only leave listings up of people who have sold several tickets beforehand with them so you will be more likely to find a deal on there.

I would also check out www.craigslist.com they may have some last minute steals on there

X-Terminator 11-11-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosterbj (Post 473002)
D23 Row M or E2 Row H. That is the price for all 4 tickets total not a piece. We are staying out this weekend to go to the Steeler game on Sunday and when I saw the pens were home Saturday, I thought it would work out perfect. I am orginally from out in that side or the state. My boys and hubby will be their 1st reg season steeler game and possibly 1st pro hockey game. Thought it may be a great weekend. Anyhow, I've been watching tix go on ebay for 4= $500 and can't pay that much. Saw these 4 for $230-$300 for all 4 and thought better. Stubhub had more tix 2 days ago and now not so many left to choice from.
Thanks for your response.

Ah OK...well then those prices are pretty reasonable for both sections. If I had to choose, I'd pick E2, Row H - I believe M is the last row in D23, so you would be closer in E2, and there won't be much of a blind spot in the corner directly below that section, so you should still be able to see all of the action there. Good luck, and have fun!

steelpride12 11-11-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Terminator (Post 472988)
First of all, you're nuts if you pay that kind of cash for a game. I'd wait until Thursday or Friday to buy tickets (assuming you're using StubHub or Pens TicketExchange), because they will be MUCH cheaper by then - especially on StubHub. Second, it depends on where you are sitting in either section - the first few rows of E2 are good seats and would have a better view than D23, as you would be closer to the action. Hope you enjoy the game!

You got that last minute stubhub checking from me :flap: