Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The AFCN Still Up For Grabs... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2892)

Suitanim 12-08-2005 12:49 PM

The AFCN Still Up For Grabs...

...Technically. Here's what needs to happen.

First, the Steelers must win out. Even 1 loss and it's probably all over.

Then, we need help. We need the Browns to beat the Bengals this week, which, on it's face sounds like a tall order, but with a new QB at the helm and nothing to lose, the Browns will be dangerous, especially considering the Bengals might be a little complacent. Judging by the fact that they are pretty convinced that since they split with the Steelers they will automatically win the Super Bowl for the next 3 years. As near perennial playoff participants, us Steelers fans know that's not exactly how it works.

Then, we need the Bengals to lose to either the Bills or KC. Lose to Buffalo? Doubtful. Lose to KC in KC? I'd say that's an almost given now, considering how well KC's offense is starting to play.

So, that's it. Browns win, KC wins and we win out.

Steel - X 12-08-2005 01:15 PM

Re: The AFCN Still Up For Grabs...

Tuff order but I could see the Browns beating the Bengals this week.

BlitzburghRockCity 12-08-2005 02:34 PM

The jags are ahead of us too, and w/ garrard at the helm they will still be tough, but if they falter towards the end of the season like usual and we win out that will certainly help keep the door open.

stillers4strife 12-08-2005 03:02 PM

Can't see the Browns beating the Bengals. Not even if the Browns had Braylon back. Frye is too green. Droughns is questionable to play. Plus, they're the Browns.

Fightin' for a wildcard.

fergusonat 12-08-2005 03:36 PM

Can't believe we're cheering for the Browns...but if we must, we must :coffee: :poop: I think we still have a chance to get into the playoffs, but I think winning the division is doubtful at the moment

No matter what, we need to beat the Bears

SteelR1 12-08-2005 03:40 PM

It would SOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet to win the division in the long run. WOW!!!!!!

clevestinks 12-08-2005 04:35 PM

I wouldnt exactly say that its up for grabs! That would mean that we were equal, and its close. We need an almost miracle! All our losses have been AFC

Steel - X 12-08-2005 04:42 PM

I agree CS, I dont think winning the division is going to happen. We need a lot of things to go our way and if you look back on the season there has not been to much going our way.

BritishSteel 12-08-2005 05:16 PM

I'll take a top 2 runners up spot right now - preferably whichever one lands us in Cincy for the play-off game.

BB2W 12-08-2005 05:28 PM

Well Suit it is a bit of a reach, but thanks for always seeing the glass half full. :smile: