Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   lets pretend here (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2900)

tony hipchest 12-08-2005 09:10 PM

lets pretend here

steelers make the playoffs but dont reach the ultimate goal

you are the steelers org. and i am t.o.

i call and say you think i could help. ( i realize i wont be paid as the highest wr in the league but damn, here is the 1 org in the league that no one would ever expect to even accept my call, considering offering me a chance to resurrect my career and repair my image. ultimately, in the long run, that brings me more $$$.) you have been strong defensively for the last 15 years so that wont change, and regardless of transitions in the running game me, hines, ben and heath can ALWAYS carry this team... for years to come if me and you so decide.

you know what? im gonna take a chance on you guys and play for alot less money and totally devote myself to the team and winning a sb. i would like to help ben and hines get on their way to hall of fame careers and win a few champs and hopefully earn my way into the hall also.

to prove i am sincere i am willing to sign for a 2 million dollar signing bonus, league minimum, and a few incentive clauses. 1 rewarding me for helping this team achieve championship status.

ultimately i know playing for an organization with such dedication to having players of the utmost character and the dedication to winning would be the best opportunity for me and my career. i want to be a part of this team rather than being THE team.

what do you say?

Koopa 12-08-2005 10:18 PM

Re: lets pretend here

well since we are pretending, i would jump on that in a min. but i'd put in his contract if he acts up the contract can be terminated and he won't get a penny.

SteelCityMan786 12-08-2005 10:23 PM

I'll Take Him ONLY IF He Is willing to clean up his act. If he Tries to destroy us I will Request that Mr. Rooney Terminate his contract.

tony hipchest 12-08-2005 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well since we are pretending, i would jump on that in a min. but i'd put in his contract if he acts up the contract can be terminated and he won't get a penny.

i bet thats in his contract no matter what team he playes for. right now his back is against the wall and he has no choise but to accept such a contract. his advisors should be smart enough to convince him of this unless he is ready to retire. he would be like michael jordan trying to play baseball if he thought he could start a basketball career right now.

BlitzburghRockCity 12-08-2005 10:56 PM

We've talked about this topic before and I still stand by my... how many times have we heard your apologies TO... we're not the eagles here and we dont take shiat from players who's ultimate goal is stats !

League minium, 1 million dollar signing bonus and a clause that if he is suspended or in trouble at all for any reason, the contract is null and void and all money gets paid back.

Prosdo 12-08-2005 11:15 PM

He would really have to straighten up his act for the Rooneys to even glance his way. Now if they did take him I would have to trust they saw a change. But as Blitz said something would have to be in his contract.

pitt 12-09-2005 12:03 AM

He can come begging on his hands and knees offering to play for free, and I still say NO!

Rotorhead 12-09-2005 12:23 AM

Not a chance in hell, no way ever would I sign him. In fact, if I were a NFL team owner, I would lobby to all other teams to not sign him just cause I think he needs to sit and watch the game from home for the rest of his life. He doesnt deserve any more chances, that ungrateful bastard.

BlitzburghRockCity 12-09-2005 12:30 AM

Its just digusting to see someone waste the chance of a lifetime to play a sport that we all love and get paid millions to do it..to live a dream most of us will never see....and completely let it fizzle away becuz of your own stupidity!

Prosdo 12-09-2005 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Its just digusting to see someone waste the chance of a lifetime to play a sport that we all love and get paid millions to do it..to live a dream most of us will never see....and completely let it fizzle away becuz of your own stupidity!

So true. The guy is an amazing WR and it's just a real shame that someone with that much talent will be best remember for his BS. Still can't imagine this guy as a member of the Steelers organization.