Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Our Terribe Towel -vs- Their Imitation (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2917)

Grey 12-09-2005 08:16 PM

Our Terribe Towel -vs- Their Imitation

I'd like to make a point.

The Terrible Towel is the original. There is none other like it. All of the crappy ass towels that other teams are waving now are much smaller because they are freebies handed out on game day. Steelers fans purchase their Terrible Towels.

But here's the real difference resulting from that fact: a Steelers fan holds his Terrible Towel on one end in his clenched fist and waves with all his might, while the imitators, with their skimpy little cheapos can only hold the tiny rag in their fingertips and twirl it a bit because it's too small to hold it in a fist and still have anything to wave. Watch the stands in some other games and you'll see what I'm talking about.

This is no trivial point, and it should give you all some pleasure as you realize that there is still no competitor to The Terrible Towel.

Here's to Myron. :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Here we go.
Grey

Suitanim 12-09-2005 09:15 PM

Re: Our Terribe Towel -vs- Their Imitation

I saw a bus pull into one of the Heinz Field Gold Lot's Sunday about half full of Bungals fans. There was a lone Bungal dude, leaning out the window with some raggedy-assed ugly orange wash cloth sized Terrible Towel knock-off, and he yelled "Who Dey" a few times. He was immediately pelted by about 150 snowballs, and he quickly retreated and shut the window.

SteelR1 12-09-2005 11:14 PM

We own the Towel,, It's ours!!!!!

shevdog 12-09-2005 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey
I'd like to make a point.

The Terrible Towel is the original. There is none other like it. All of the crappy ass towels that other teams are waving now are much smaller because they are freebies handed out on game day. Steelers fans purchase their Terrible Towels.

But here's the real difference resulting from that fact: a Steelers fan holds his Terrible Towel on one end in his clenched fist and waves with all his might, while the imitators, with their skimpy little cheapos can only hold the tiny rag in their fingertips and twirl it a bit because it's too small to hold it in a fist and still have anything to wave. Watch the stands in some other games and you'll see what I'm talking about.

This is no trivial point, and it should give you all some pleasure as you realize that there is still no competitor to The Terrible Towel.

Here's to Myron. :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Here we go.
Grey

Long live the terrible towel!

SalukiSteelers 12-10-2005 12:09 AM

And the best part about it is the fact that sales of the towell is that it's raised over $1M for charity. Hooray!

Stlrs4Life 12-10-2005 08:07 AM

I hear ya, it makes me laugh when I see some other team attempt to make a towel!

SteelCityMan786 12-10-2005 10:53 AM

I hate it when I hear about imitations. TERRIBLE TOWEL IS THE KING OF TOWELS!

fergusonat 12-10-2005 02:22 PM

Terrible Towels are king...period

melroseplace 12-10-2005 02:53 PM

in addition to no other towel being as great as our Terrible Towel...no other fans are as great as us either :)

SteelCityMan786 12-10-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melroseplace
in addition to no other towel being as great as our Terrible Towel...no other fans are as great as us either :)

Statement 1:Fact
Statement 2:Fact

Rep Points To You.