Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Heinz Field crowd noise (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2945)

Sharkissle29 12-11-2005 09:22 PM

Heinz Field crowd noise

I noticed watching the game today that the fans were MUCH more intense than any other game that i've seen. for the people who went, how loud was it? maybe it sunk in for steeler fans that this could be it...but did anyone else notice the crowd noise or is it just my uber surround sound? :-P

SalukiSteelers 12-11-2005 09:40 PM

Re: Heinz Field crowd noise

Actually, I heard that they were piping manufactured noise in to Heinz Field.

BlitzburghRockCity 12-11-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

Actually, I heard that they were piping manufactured noise in to Heinz Field.
I also heard a telegram was sent in to NFL from the colts saying, "Hey they copied us" !!!

Sharkissle29 12-11-2005 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I also heard a telegram was sent in to NFL from the colts saying, "Hey they copied us" !!!

haha well it is a damn good idea

fergusonat 12-11-2005 10:38 PM

I would hope the Steelers would never stoop that low...

melroseplace 12-11-2005 11:34 PM

I was at the game against Cincy last weekend (my first game in like 5 years) and when I was watching the game today I was wondering if it was that loud when I was there lol. kinda hard to measure from when you're there to what's on tv

clevestinks 12-12-2005 12:18 AM

Yes Heinz did seem loud again. Last week when I was there I dont know if it gets any louder. If Polamula would have picked off Carson Palmers pas in the closing minutes last week, the place would have rumbled off its foundation

BlitzburghRockCity 12-12-2005 12:19 AM

Its amazing how loud an open stadium can get... the Dome's aint go nuthin on us !!

clevestinks 12-12-2005 12:30 AM

But the old stadiums like Three Rivers seemed alot louder. Being closed in, and a rowdier blue collar crowd back in the day!

Koopa 12-12-2005 01:33 AM

damn, i loved the energy of the fans, when it gets loud that it makes me want to start cheering but i don't feel like looking like a dumbass jumping up and down for nothing lol, damn it i wouldn't last in that weather, it was like 55 today and i was freezing F' PA and it's cold ass weather lol j/k