Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayers Needed (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=29521)

fansince'76 12-03-2008 09:23 AM

Prayers Needed

For HTG (Marianne) and her mom. A few days ago, Marianne had to take her mother to the hospital as she fell and opened a gash on her nose that required 5 stitches to close. Unfortunately, while she has been in the hospital, the doctor has diagnosed her as having mid-to-late stage Alzheimer's and now she will be required to be placed in an assisted-living facility. Marianne is really struggling with the fact that she will have to do this, as she made a promise to her mom that she would never do so. I know that it really wasn't her decision to have to do this, it was the doctor's and if there was any way to avoid it, she would, and I have told her as much, but she still feels like she is breaking a promise she made to her.

Please keep Marianne and her mother in your thoughts and prayers in this difficult time. Thank you!

devilsdancefloor 12-03-2008 09:26 AM

Re: Prayers Needed

will keep them both in my thoughts and prayers for sure

LambertIsGod58 12-03-2008 09:32 AM

I'll definately do that...I've been up close and personal with Alzheimer's and it's very sad.

Polamalu Princess 12-03-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 487294)
For HTG (Marianne) and her mom. A few days ago, Marianne had to take her mother to the hospital as she fell and opened a gash on her nose that required 5 stitches to close. Unfortunately, while she has been in the hospital, the doctor has diagnosed her as having mid-to-late stage Alzheimer's and now she will be required to be placed in an assisted-living facility. Marianne is really struggling with the fact that she will have to do this, as she made a promise to her mom that she would never do so. I know that it really wasn't her decision to have to do this, it was the doctor's and if there was any way to avoid it, she would, and I have told her as much, but she still feels like she is breaking a promise she made to her.

Please keep Marianne and her mother in your thoughts and prayers in this difficult time. Thank you!

What a difficult situation. I will be praying.:hug:

drizze99 12-03-2008 10:17 AM

Poor Marianne... tough times call on tough people and I know she will be strong. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her mother.

TheWarDen86 12-03-2008 10:17 AM

At this point, I don't think any of us would blame her for wanting to throw her arms up in surrender. Of course, we know she'll be the last to do that. Marianne, you and your Mother have my prayers for as long as you need them. :hug: Keep your chin up.

Leftoverhard 12-03-2008 10:22 AM

HTG - I'm sorry about your mom. I'm sure you love her very much - and of course she knows that. :hug:

stlrtruck 12-03-2008 10:34 AM

Much love and prayers for Marianne and her mom. We'll be praying that the doctor was wrong and that her mom will return to being at home.

GBMelBlount 12-03-2008 04:58 PM

Both Marianne, and her mother are in my thoughts and prayers.

Preacher 12-03-2008 05:47 PM

She has my prayers yet again.

Wow. Very sad.