Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I CAN'T FREAKIN' TAKE IT ANYMORE (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=29885)

stlrtruck 12-12-2008 09:20 AM

I CAN'T FREAKIN' TAKE IT ANYMORE

Ok so Friday is here, I'm stuck at work and all I can think about right now is being at a Christmas party on Sunday at 3pm and a kickoff for AFC North Supremacy at 4:15pm - GO FIGURE!!!

But now it's time to bring out the colors.....for the next 3 days let's forget all the BS comments that have come out in this forum. For the next 3 days let's don our black and gold, wear it proudly, and let the world know WE ARE STEELERS NATION and like our DEFENSE, we DOMINATE!!!!

:tt: :tt03: :tt02: :sign01: :sign02: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :sign01: :sign02:

:drink: :tt03: :drink: :tt03: :drink: :tt03: :drink: :tt03: :drink: :tt03:

Steelers & I 12-12-2008 09:36 AM

Re: I CAN'T FREAKIN' TAKE IT ANYMORE

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrtruck (Post 494903)
Ok so Friday is here, I'm stuck at work and all I can think about right now is being at a Christmas party on Sunday at 3pm and a kickoff for AFC North Supremacy at 4:15pm - GO FIGURE!!!

But now it's time to bring out the colors.....for the next 3 days let's forget all the BS comments that have come out in this forum. For the next 3 days let's don our black and gold, wear it proudly, and let the world know WE ARE STEELERS NATION and like our DEFENSE, we DOMINATE!!!!

:tt: :tt03: :tt02: :sign01: :sign02: :tt: :tt03: :tt02: :sign01: :sign02:

:drink: :tt03: :drink: :tt03: :drink: :tt03: :drink: :tt03: :drink: :tt03:

HO, HO, HO, who wouldn't know, HO, HO, HO,
the Christmas party BLOWS!

Good luck truck, Tivo that game Bro and tell everyone that you encounter at the party, "If you tell me the score, I'LL KILL YOU!"

Here's a little taste of what you'll be missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_qgkRAuwh8

vasteeler 12-12-2008 09:57 AM

I would be missing that christmas party!

realdeal 12-12-2008 10:31 AM

Christmas Party or Steeler Football? Let me think.......

Man Up bro and skip that party!

Burghfan58 12-12-2008 10:48 AM

Good time to get a stomach virus.

stlrtruck 12-12-2008 11:15 AM

While I love my STEELERS FAMILY, you guys obviously want me to get a divorce (LOL).

It is my father-in-laws side of the family and it's an annual event. If this would have been the Titans game next week, I wouldn't have cared, but this one. As much as I love the Steelers too, I do need to put my family ahead of everything else.

Maybe I can get a video feed online or something.....hmmm, the possibilities.

drizze99 12-12-2008 11:19 AM

Sometimes you gotta do whats needed bro...

I laid the ground rules BEFORE I got married. I have skipped many "family" parties or functions to watch the Steelers. Everyone in my family knows me by now... Don't mess or bother me when the Steelers game is on....

stlrtruck 12-12-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizze99 (Post 494954)
Sometimes you gotta do whats needed bro...

I laid the ground rules BEFORE I got married. I have skipped many "family" parties or functions to watch the Steelers. Everyone in my family knows me by now... Don't mess or bother me when the Steelers game is on....

If I didn't have my 3 year old, it wouldn't be that much of a problem but when my wife and I agreed to having a child, the deal was that I would be available to watch her more often than not and at family gatherings, she (the 3 year old) tends to get wound up and becomes a hand full - me being from the north, country, and old school is quick with a spanking so it takes the stress level off my wife.

While I appreciate the encouragement, some times the rules change for the sanctity of the house in which I live. At least it's not the playoffs, then my wife knows I'd be missing parties.

thebus36idf 12-14-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrtruck (Post 495099)
If I didn't have my 3 year old, it wouldn't be that much of a problem but when my wife and I agreed to having a child, the deal was that I would be available to watch her more often than not and at family gatherings, she (the 3 year old) tends to get wound up and becomes a hand full - me being from the north, country, and old school is quick with a spanking so it takes the stress level off my wife.

While I appreciate the encouragement, some times the rules change for the sanctity of the house in which I live. At least it's not the playoffs, then my wife knows I'd be missing parties.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to teach your kid the love of football. Tell your wife your raising him up right to be a STEELER. I know it's not going to work. Can't they put the game on at the party, and you watch the kid in the room with the game? Teach your children in the way they should go. Good luck man.

stlrtruck 12-14-2008 09:31 PM

Well today turned out to be alright. My nephew allowed me to use his laptop to watch the game via the nfl.com website (not the best but it worked) until he had to return to Gainesville (GO GATORS!), then my wife's uncle allowed me to use his work computer, until finally after the panthers destroyed the broncos and CBS switched over to the game with just over 10 minutes to go in the fourth!

And yes, my wife already knows my daughter will be raised a STEELERS GIRL! In 2010, we begin an annual pilgrimage to Pittsburgh for a daddy-daughter weekend!