Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   T.O. & Witten nearly come to blows; had to be separated (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=29910)

nojobny 12-13-2008 09:25 PM

T.O. & Witten nearly come to blows; had to be separated

Saturday, December 13, 2008
Source: T.O., Witten had to be separated
ESPN.com news services

While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room, according to the Star-Telegram. But Owens was still upset.

The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believes Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting on Friday to clear the air about the report. Afterward, he said any personality conflicts had been resolved.
"Everything is set straight as far as I'm concerned," he told The Associated Press. "I think the players, too. We'll see."

The Cowboys play host to the NFC East leading New York Giants on Sunday night.

link espn

nojobny 12-13-2008 10:09 PM

Re: T.O. & Witten nearly come to blows; had to be separated

I just found this article buried in another thread. Perhaps a mod will want to remove this one. (i looked around to see if it was posted already but I didn't see it)

MasterOfPuppets 12-13-2008 11:06 PM

i love it !!! rip em apart TO !!! :toofunny:....and screw you jerry jones !!! ya want a team of douchebags....ya got em....:laughing:

RoethlisBURGHer 12-14-2008 12:45 AM

This is probally the 1 time I am rooting for TO to rip a team to shreds!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool 12-14-2008 01:04 AM

I think T.O. is on roids..or some form of it.

or he's severly bi-polar.

either of which should scare any team in the NFL from ever signing that d****-bag. (Don't know if that word isn't allowed here.). I think this was his last chance, I don't see any team short of the Oakland Raida's stupid enough to sign this guy. Only option left right now, is either going to be playing in the new UFL or the CFL. Good riddance, dude was a huge blackeye on the league, and an attention w******. Will be glad to not here ESPN every other week talking about him and Romo.

ShutDown24 12-14-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool (Post 495568)
I think T.O. is on roids..or some form of it.

or he's severly bi-polar.

either of which should scare any team in the NFL from ever signing that d****-bag. (Don't know if that word isn't allowed here.). I think this was his last chance, I don't see any team short of the Oakland Raida's stupid enough to sign this guy. Only option left right now, is either going to be playing in the new UFL or the CFL. Good riddance, dude was a huge blackeye on the league, and an attention w******. Will be glad to not here ESPN every other week talking about him and Romo.

Meh, unfortunately - I don't think he's even going to be out of a Cowboys uniform next season. Jones is too out there. I don't think a player with as much talent as Owens has (Although he is obviously in the downhill portion of his career) remains out of work in this league no matter what.

If he does end up out of Dallas though... A thought just crossed my mind...

T.O. - The Patriot :popcorn:

Steelman16 12-14-2008 01:15 AM

Ok, I'm gonna change my pick this week from Dallas to New York instead. :chuckle:

T.O. a Patriot? He and Randy would have to have seperate locker rooms.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool 12-14-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 495571)
Meh, unfortunately - I don't think he's even going to be out of a Cowboys uniform next season. Jones is too out there. I don't think a player with as much talent as Owens has (Although he is obviously in the downhill portion of his career) remains out of work in this league no matter what.

If he does end up out of Dallas though... A thought just crossed my mind...

T.O. - The Patriot :popcorn:

That would certainly break up the Pats dynasty, huh? lol. :sofunny:

But, I don't see him landing in a Pats uni, Randy Moss is one thing (was a big of fans of his when he was the Vikings, "Straight Cash Homie."), but T.O. has proven time and time again he's a locker room cancer, something I don't see Mumbles being too fond of. Heck, Mumbles kicked Kosar out of Cleveland for changing a play he called, and drawing one up in the dirt (which went for a TD), I don't think he'd be able to handle this "I love me some me" garbage.

cubanstogie 12-14-2008 08:17 AM

T O is a profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter, no way he wanted a piece of Witten. I'm sure he was talking smack with his line in between them. I have never seen T O take hits or hit anyone. The guy is a cancer, phuk the boys.

ShutDown24 12-14-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool (Post 495577)
That would certainly break up the Pats dynasty, huh? lol. :sofunny:

But, I don't see him landing in a Pats uni, Randy Moss is one thing (was a big of fans of his when he was the Vikings, "Straight Cash Homie."), but T.O. has proven time and time again he's a locker room cancer, something I don't see Mumbles being too fond of. Heck, Mumbles kicked Kosar out of Cleveland for changing a play he called, and drawing one up in the dirt (which went for a TD), I don't think he'd be able to handle this "I love me some me" garbage.

That was more a joke than anything lol, but it would certanely be interesting :flap: