Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vote for Ike! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2992)

Suitanim 12-15-2005 06:30 PM

Vote for Ike!

Saw this at another site, and found it not only compelling, but pretty much justification that Chad Johnson is a complete tool for being so busy being covered by Ike that he conveniently forgot that he was being covered by Ike and left him off his stupid list.

Vote for Ike for the Pro Bowl!

MAKING THE CASE...

? Ike is 1st among NFL Cornerbacks in tackles: 86

? Ike is 1st among NFL Cornerbacks in solo tackles: 73

? Ike is 6th among NFL Defensive Backs in passes defended: 16

? Ike is T-1st among NFL Cornerbacks in fumble recoveries: 2

? Over the last 10 years, only 2 NFL cornerbacks have recorded 100+ tackles
- Ike is on pace to break that mark.

? Ike has been ranked in the Top 5 CB's on www.cbs.sportsline.com for the
last 9 weeks and was ranked the No. 1 CB during weeks 7 and 8.

? Ike was nominated for AFC Defensive Player of Week 8 (recording 9 tackles,
1 INT, 1 FR & 1 PD vs. the Ravens).

? Ike was nominated for AFC Defensive Player of Week 11 (recording 10 solo
tackles & 2 PDs vs. the Ravens).

? Ike was awarded the Steelers Digest "Player of the Week" in Week 6 for his
play against Jacksonville.

? IT'S BEEN 8 YEARS SINCE A STEELERS' CORNER HAS MADE THE PRO BOWL!

clevestinks 12-15-2005 07:43 PM

Re: Vote for Ike!

My vote will be in tonite! Lets get the vote count up !

BigCat 12-15-2005 07:53 PM

Not saying Ike isn't good or anything. But, anytime a cornerback has over 100 tackles in a season, someone he's covering must be catching the ball. I know he comes up and supports the run. But, still a corner making 100 tackles a year. That's one stat not to be too proud of. Now passes defensed is a great category for a cornerback to have.

clevestinks 12-15-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat
Not saying Ike isn't good or anything. But, anytime a cornerback has over 100 tackles in a season, someone he's covering must be catching the ball. I know he comes up and supports the run. But, still a corner making 100 tackles a year. That's one stat not to be too proud of. Now passes defensed is a great category for a cornerback to have.

True! But even your own Chad Johnson was impressed with Ike. That must warm you up to him some what?????:cool:

SteelCityMan786 12-16-2005 04:37 PM

I like that case for Ike Taylor Straight to the point suitanam nice work.

Suitanim 12-17-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat

We've been over this before. In the new defenses, with these DB's sized like Jack Lambert, the defenses are set up to filter plays back to the safeties and corners, so what used to be a telling stat of a bad defense is now just the opposite.

Koopa 12-17-2005 01:52 AM

i've been voting for him because he's shut down chad twice. but i doubt he makes it cause a lot of the ppl voting are young and are gonna be looking for highlights and to see if the corner has a lot of ints. i wish ppl would realize that it's not about the highlights or the ints

Stlrs4Life 12-17-2005 09:46 AM

Already voted. I like Ike.

SteelersFever 12-17-2005 08:41 PM

I got that in my e-mail from his media relations and marketing manager. I forgot to post it. Looks like she sent an e-mail to all Steelers related websites. Anyway, he gets my vote, and not just once!

You can also LISTEN TO IKE EVERY MONDAY ON SIRIUS RADIO (NFL CHANNEL #124) "In the Redzone" with Randy Cross and Tim Ryan @ 2:15 p.m. EST

BlitzburghRockCity 12-17-2005 10:53 PM

Its not uncommon for Steelers CB's to make alot of tackles... many times they play one on one coverage and also come up in run support when using zone blitz packages.

He's got my vote too !