Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   eric moulds as a steeler? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3013)

tony hipchest 12-17-2005 10:12 AM

eric moulds as a steeler?

whose given this thought? looking how players such as galloway and glenn are playing im willing to bet moulds has a lot left in the tank. teams like the falcons, eagles and patriots probably have alot more cap space to afford him. i dont think hed want to trim next years salary from 11 mil downt to 2-4 mil to play for the steelers but i think hed be a good fit. (but even plaxico never got suspended)

Prosdo 12-17-2005 10:20 AM

Re: eric moulds as a steeler?

I dunno. Never thought about it too much, but I don't see us going to a WR in the free agency too much. Most would probably be pretty expensive. I think we'll end going after someone like Martin Nance or Hank Baskett in the draft.

Dook 12-17-2005 11:42 AM

I would prefer that we go after Reggie Wayne, it will cost us more but he's still young and has the best reception percentage (70%) in the league. But I think Reggie going to Philly is about a done deal. Philly needs to replace TO and they are under the cap ($16 million) more than any other team.

I certainly wouldn't mind getting Moulds but I think we'll go after Martin Nance in the draft, if he is available, because he is rated high and played with Ben in college. I wouldn't mind Baskett either, he has size, average NFL speed but he is a high jump champion.

I think the Pittsburgh way is to get a young talent and develop them into a pro bowl player.

LondonSteeler 12-17-2005 12:09 PM

what about peerless price, ok he didnt work out as a no.1 in atlanta, but lit it up as the no.2 behind moulds, hed come cheap as well as hes only on a years contract.
moulds would be nice, i think buffalo fans would rather get rid of Donahoe & Mularkey and keep moulds

clevestinks 12-17-2005 01:21 PM

I do see us entertaining a free agent wr. But a cheap one. Someone who is almost done in the NFL cuz of age, or never really panning out.

BB2W 12-17-2005 01:31 PM

I never really thought about Moulds... I'm sure we could get a few good years out of him opposite Ward.

Suitanim 12-17-2005 03:42 PM

Nah, he's too old. Ward is the veteran presence, so we need young talent for him to groom.

SteelCityMan786 12-17-2005 08:31 PM

If I heard right the Salary Cap Is Going to be raised to $92 Million for 2006. I don't like the idea of Moulds. I'd go after a Troy Brown or someone like that.

Suitanim 12-17-2005 08:42 PM

Reggie Wayne if we do it at all...

SteelCityMan786 12-17-2005 08:43 PM

Actually I'd like to see Reggie In A Steelers Uniform. Could Come In Handy One Day.