Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Game Notes: Vikings (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3038)

Sharkissle29 12-18-2005 03:45 PM

Game Notes: Vikings
 
Let's start this off by saying, this was the 2nd game in a row of what Steeler Football really means. We pounded the rush, and only threw the ball 15 times. The offensive line was questionable at times, but overall they played a decent game. The running game was a bit of an issue. Their was hardly any holes all game, and the vikings d-line penetration was good, but we somehow still managed to get 100+.

Notes:
-For you Larry Foote critics, he had one hell of a game. Along with Joey Porter. I know one game doesnt determine a season, but this LB crew played like they should today. Do you still think changes are needed?

-Willie Parker, didnt do a whole lot other than those 2 big runs, but the holes just werent there today. Still managed a good 80.

-Ike Taylor. We have a star in the making on our hands, he has been solid the ENTIRE season. I think we finally found a shut-down corner we've been looking for. Had a fantastic game. I hope he sticks around pittsburgh for a LONG time.

-Big Ben. What happened? 10/15 isnt bad but it seemed like he lost a bit of confidense and got flustered a bit. We need him for the Browns game. That glove looks way to shiny, doesnt that glove scare anyone else? (fumbles). The pass blocking was fairly good, Ben was just indecisive and made them look worse than they played.

-ARE. You scared the shit out of me, but that 70+ return helped a bit. I'm still not sure if we should keep him for next year, but he can be a threat at times which always makes me think.


Those are my notes for the game, hopefully you enjoyed them. Feel free to share your opinions if you dont agree with me

Ambridge 12-18-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Game Notes: Vikings
 
I enjoyed the win but the secondary still looked suspect early in the game.

Randle El had me shaking my head also.
He had an easy first down on the reverse play late in the game if he had ran straight up the field but he must have thought he was returning a punt with the juke moves and ended up coming up a yard short.

Penalties 12-129yds.

Dook 12-18-2005 04:05 PM

Re: Game Notes: Vikings
 
The Vikings defensive line got pressure and stopped the runs for the most part. Willie P. got most of his yards on two big runs but that's exactly what we expect from him. I think our team misses a big bruising RB like Bettis or Duce more than we realize.

Foote did well but I give the credit on the defensive coach who made the blitz calls. Joey? That interception was given to him. He's not a factor because he doesn't give 100% effort, it's like he's not even there. I would definately like to see improvement in our average NFL LB corp but I don't know where it could come from. I don't even think the top LB's in the draft are anything special.

Ike? I agree. Give him time and he should get better.

I wish they would keep Polo back more often. They try to blitz him up the middle but it never works. Send CB or LB blitzes instead and let Polo stay back and help cover the quick slants, run plays, and TE's.

Ben's didn't seem to roll out as much as he used to. I really think he is just beat up this year with injuries.

Randel El taketh away and giveth back. I would offer him a contract for about the same amount of money he earns now. If he wants anything more then let him go test the market. Either way we should draft a WR in the first round.

BlitzburghRockCity 12-18-2005 04:44 PM

Re: Game Notes: Vikings
 
Lets face it, the Defense did its job today to help carry our offense. And jeff reed did his as well.

Our offense sputtered at times but we made the plays when we had too to gain a lead and keep it thanks to the defense.

Suitanim 12-18-2005 05:19 PM

Re: Game Notes: Vikings
 
Foote got knocked down on a play and still made a sack. That's hustle and heart, and that's what counts.

Parker is fast and furious, and he can break any play.

Disagree about Ben. He ran today for the first time in a long time, and ran effectively. That shows he has his old swagger back, thumb injury or not.

ARE was fine, but our kick coverage is not. If we play ST's the way we are now, we will be ripped up in the playoffs...

clevestinks 12-18-2005 05:43 PM

Re: Game Notes: Vikings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridge
I enjoyed the win but the secondary still looked suspect early in the game.

Randle El had me shaking my head also.
He had an easy first down on the reverse play late in the game if he had ran straight up the field but he must have thought he was returning a punt with the juke moves and ended up coming up a yard short.

Penalties 12-129yds.

I`ve been complaining about El for a few weeks now. Always going backwards on returns. Then he breaks one! Oh well just a case of " What have you done for me lately?? LOL:grin:

Sharkissle29 12-19-2005 01:21 AM

Re: Game Notes: Vikings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dook
The Vikings defensive line got pressure and stopped the runs for the most part. Willie P. got most of his yards on two big runs but that's exactly what we expect from him. I think our team misses a big bruising RB like Bettis or Duce more than we realize.

Foote did well but I give the credit on the defensive coach who made the blitz calls. Joey? That interception was given to him. He's not a factor because he doesn't give 100% effort, it's like he's not even there. I would definately like to see improvement in our average NFL LB corp but I don't know where it could come from. I don't even think the top LB's in the draft are anything special.

Ike? I agree. Give him time and he should get better.

I wish they would keep Polo back more often. They try to blitz him up the middle but it never works. Send CB or LB blitzes instead and let Polo stay back and help cover the quick slants, run plays, and TE's.

Ben's didn't seem to roll out as much as he used to. I really think he is just beat up this year with injuries.

Randel El taketh away and giveth back. I would offer him a contract for about the same amount of money he earns now. If he wants anything more then let him go test the market. Either way we should draft a WR in the first round.

i dunno about all this talk of Joey not going 100%. Watching the game today showed me he goes 100% every play. Porter came off most of those corners very quick, and beat the linemen, he was just a little to slow due to johnsons quick release. but i thought the effort was there

StillerPaul 12-19-2005 12:13 PM

Re: Game Notes: Vikings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Lets face it, the Defense did its job today to help carry our offense. And jeff reed did his as well.

Our offense sputtered at times but we made the plays when we had too to gain a lead and keep it thanks to the defense.

I couldn't agree more. Were you having 70's flashbacks like i was? :grin:

Our O will be fine. That was a very good front 7 we played IMO.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum