Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   open the bubbly...bens record still secure (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3051)

tony hipchest 12-18-2005 09:21 PM

open the bubbly...bens record still secure

peyton thought hed take down marinos td record last year and big bens consecutive win streak this year. not so fast. ben is still the 1st qb to go 13-0 in a season. a record that may never be broken. lol

Livinginthe past 12-18-2005 09:23 PM

Re: open the bubbly...bens record still secure

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
peyton thought hed take down marinos td record last year and big bens consecutive win streak this year. not so fast. ben is still the 1st qb to go 13-0 in a season. a record that may never be broken. lol

Tony,

Im pretty sure the Miami QB got there first - but Ben is DEFINITELY the first STEELERS QB to do it!

NM

Eztarget 12-18-2005 10:05 PM

What Miami QB? If you mean the 1972 QB you are wrong. Bob Griese played the first 4 games then was hurt. Earl Morall finished the season. Neither Dophin QB went 13-0.

Livinginthe past 12-18-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eztarget
What Miami QB? If you mean the 1972 QB you are wrong. Bob Griese played the first 4 games then was hurt. Earl Morall finished the season. Neither Dophin QB went 13-0.

Hey Ez.

Nice call indeed. I actually typed something even dumber than that in the first place, and seeing as you cant delete posts...i had to put SOMETHING......

Good spot anyways

NM

tony hipchest 12-18-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Tony,

Im pretty sure the Miami QB got there first - but Ben is DEFINITELY the first STEELERS QB to do it!

NM

as ez pointed out, ben is the 1st qb in NFL HISTORY (as a rookie no less) to do it. payton matched it. i doubt anyone will best it.

clevestinks 12-19-2005 05:13 AM

Bens record is still intact. Now I wish his thumb was also intact

StillerPaul 12-19-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Bens record is still intact. Now I wish his thumb was also intact

Ben's thumb should be fine IMO. He throws with pretty good velocity still. The only thing that scares me is the real deep throws. But i think he'll be just fine. :cool:

tony hipchest 12-19-2005 05:44 PM

they pretty much have taken the deep throws out of the offense. yesterday he still averaged 10 yds/ attempt to build on his league leading 8.6 yds per attempt.

SteelCityMan786 12-19-2005 06:24 PM

Record never to be broken.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 12-19-2005 07:04 PM

the silacone glove ben wore worked pretty good.
I think he will be fine....
Hopefully he will have surgery at the end of the year and the thumb issue can be put to rest