Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Congrats Utah----National Champs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=30668)

Steeler in Carolina 01-02-2009 11:01 PM

Congrats Utah----National Champs

Only undefeated team in college football. National Champs. Enough said.

OneForTheToe 01-02-2009 11:29 PM

Re: Congrats Utah----National Champs

Congrats to the Utah. Every time I hear the name Utes though, I can'thelp chuckle becuse I think of the movie "My cousin Vinnie." "Those two utes .... did he say utes ... what's a ute?"

SteelCityMan786 01-02-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneForTheToe (Post 513117)
Congrats to the Utah. Every time I hear the name Utes though, I can'thelp chuckle becuse I think of the movie "My cousin Vinnie." "Those two utes .... did he say utes ... what's a ute?"

Based off of what I saw their mascot looked like, it's a bird.

Good win by Utah. Alabama should feel embarrassed over this loss.

SteelersMongol 01-03-2009 05:03 AM

Wow. Undefeated, ein? Congrats.

lambertlunaticfan 01-03-2009 05:44 AM

undefeated, but what was thier strength of schedule?i mean you really do have to look and consider that.im not a utah fan,so i am truly asking this.do they play the same type of team that usc,florida or oklahoma play.i just think,as im sure its been said,college football needs a playoff.:tt:

Galax Steeler 01-03-2009 07:38 AM

I never would have thought they would have beat alabama they showed up and played some good football.

GoFins11 01-03-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galax steeler (Post 513222)
I never would have thought they would have beat alabama they showed up and played some good football.

I think the announcers said it best. Alabama wished they were in the NCG and Utah wished they were in the Sugar Bowl. Something like that.

SteelCityMan786 01-03-2009 10:19 AM

Games such as the one we saw last night in Nawlins is more evidence that college football NEEDS A PLAYOFF!!!

lilyoder6 01-03-2009 10:48 AM

utah came out strong last night an just whooped on bama.. if anything this just showed that utah can play against the best

Godfather 01-03-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan (Post 513193)
undefeated, but what was thier strength of schedule?i mean you really do have to look and consider that.im not a utah fan,so i am truly asking this.do they play the same type of team that usc,florida or oklahoma play.i just think,as im sure its been said,college football needs a playoff.:tt:

Utah is from the Mountain West conference, which was 6-1 against the Pac-10 in the regular season. They opened with a win over Michigan (which ended up not looking that good). They also had an OOC win over Oregon State and a conference win over a very good TCU team that will finish in the top ten with its only losses to Utah and Oklahoma. Plus they curbstomped Bama.