Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Chargers don't scare me. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=30726)

Edman 01-04-2009 04:16 PM

Chargers don't scare me.
 
But the Steelers certainly do. They held the Chargers in check all game but it was kept close by poor officiating including a robbed touchdown. San Diego didn't do jack the whole day.

How many games have we lost this year because Ben didn't play well? This game will be won and lost on Ben, and history has not been kind to him coming off of any injury let alone a concussion. I have little faith in him that he can get it done.

The Chargers don't scare me, even though they will be talked up all week. But the Steelers scare me. Especially on Offense.

Crushzilla 01-04-2009 04:19 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
Meh. Anything can happen.

The Steelers offense can certainly be... suspect, but if the football gods want to give us hand I would gladly take about 5 inches of snow followed by a freezing rain storm around kick-off.

56SD 01-04-2009 04:20 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
well, if it comes down to officiating, at least the game is at Heinz Field, so you guys can light the stadium on fire. Or the refs.

lilyoder6 01-04-2009 04:22 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
hopefully there ounter mike had all of his great punts in that game last night and has avg punts when we play them

MaidenIndiana 01-04-2009 04:38 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
I hope he just has average punts, last night was unreal. Still I think we'll win the game.

GoBolts5447 01-04-2009 04:50 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaidenIndiana (Post 514592)
I hope he just has average punts, last night was unreal. Still I think we'll win the game.

mike never has "average" punts, dude is the best punter in the league! Chargers are a different team than we were when we first faced you. Think about it, Indy beat us during the regular season and we handled them last night, despite 2 turnovers in the end zone and a *lucky* TD strike when the defense was subbing, the Chargers were clearly the better team. Also, a 1 point win at home and winning on a last minute field goal isnt anything to brag about. Chargers only had their new D coach for 1 game before at that point.

Anyways, here is to a good game :) , but I honestly think the chargers will be too much for big ben worhtlessberger (haha jk had to do it) to handle!

Chargers: 23
Steelers: 13

cheers! :drink:

steelerchad 01-04-2009 04:57 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
You were able to score 17 against the Colts in regulation. You scored 10 in our first meeting and shouldn't have got 7 of them. I'm wondering were you're coming up with 23 points against our defense. 20-10 Steelers.

tony hipchest 01-04-2009 05:02 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBolts5447 (Post 514600)
mike never has "average" punts, dude is the best punter in the league! Chargers are a different team than we were when we first faced you. Think about it, Indy beat us during the regular season and we handled them last night, despite 2 turnovers in the end zone and a *lucky* TD strike when the defense was subbing, the Chargers were clearly the better team. Also, a 1 point win at home and winning on a last minute field goal isnt anything to brag about. Chargers only had their new D coach for 1 game before at that point.

Anyways, here is to a good game :) , but I honestly think the chargers will be too much for big ben worhtlessberger (haha jk had to do it) to handle!

Chargers: 23
Steelers: 13

cheers! :drink:

you cant call p. manning outsmarting your whole team and burning them for a td, *lucky*. that was just a smart play, and *dumb* on the chargers part to get caught with their pants down.

dont think tomlin didnt take notes.

so how will nt new chargers d-coord help the chargers offense score more than 3 fg's against the stingiest defense the league has seen in years?

you do know teams just dont hang up 23 points on them right?

good showing against the defensively inept broncos and colts. but this is the big leagues now, not some horse and pony show.

i do think sproles is a bigger threat than LT was before he tore his groin. good thing we have the best ST return defense.

Binary Bolt Fan 01-04-2009 05:02 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 514551)
But the Steelers certainly do. They held the Chargers in check all game but it was kept close by poor officiating including a robbed touchdown. San Diego didn't do jack the whole day.

How many games have we lost this year because Ben didn't play well? This game will be won and lost on Ben, and history has not been kind to him coming off of any injury let alone a concussion. I have little faith in him that he can get it done.

The Chargers don't scare me, even though they will be talked up all week. But the Steelers scare me. Especially on Offense.

Hello Steeler fans...

Yes, I'm new today. I promise to talk football and not be a total troll.

What a game yesterday!!! As a fan, I've never seen a better game in our house. The fans were out of their minds last night. For the first time in, well...... ever, there were no Colt fans to be heard from and the cheering was deafening on nearly every down the Colts had. And quiet during offense.... one of the best efforts by the fans ever. You would of been proud had you been one of us last night.

I expect the same from you this Sunday! Bring it Steeler fans! (it'll make winning sweeter :chuckle: )

The fact was, the Chargers more or less dominated last nights game. Take away two plays; Sproles fumble into the endzone and Wayne's no contest TD pass for 70 yards and the game isn't even close.

The Chargers should scare you - at least a bit. As others have noted, they're playing with house money. They don't belong, and that makes em dangerous. When the two teams faced off earlier, the Chargers were in a tailspin. Confused and lacking identity on offense and playing under Rivera for just the second game.

This is a different team you're getting. We've rediscovered the run, Rivers is confident and our defense, while picking on weak teams would of ranked 10th in total D from the point that Rivera became the coordinator. As bad as Denver was, they had the second ranked offense and got held down. Now pManning was held to 17 with 7 coming on a quick snap gift.

Rivers is in the process of shutting down the hate by Winning when it counts. There is nothing I'd rather see on your forum than "he's a punk". Its hate for a guy who talks - and backs it up with is play. He's a great arch enemy for other fans to rally around, which is pretty cool if you ask me...

VegasStlrFan 01-04-2009 05:02 PM

Re: Chargers don't scare me.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBolts5447 (Post 514600)
mike never has "average" punts, dude is the best punter in the league! Chargers are a different team than we were when we first faced you. Think about it, Indy beat us during the regular season and we handled them last night, despite 2 turnovers in the end zone and a *lucky* TD strike when the defense was subbing, the Chargers were clearly the better team. Also, a 1 point win at home and winning on a last minute field goal isnt anything to brag about. Chargers only had their new D coach for 1 game before at that point.

Anyways, here is to a good game :) , but I honestly think the chargers will be too much for big ben worhtlessberger (haha jk had to do it) to handle!

Chargers: 23
Steelers: 13

cheers! :drink:

Did you actually watch the first game? At no point in the game were the Bolts close to being in control. If the refs wouldn't have kept it close, it would've been a double digit loss.

I'm sure this will be a way different game, and the Bolts will give us their best shot. No chance you move the ball on us like you did on Indy last night.

Good luck though!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum