Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has Gay taken McFadden's spot for good? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=30799)

GridironWarrior 01-06-2009 12:22 AM

Has Gay taken McFadden's spot for good?

I've noticed since McFadden has been back that him and Gay have been rotating with Gay getting more snaps.

SteelCityKing 01-06-2009 12:33 AM

Re: Has Gay taken McFadden's spot for good?

i've noticed that too. i'm not sure what's rally shaking in that department but all i know is that i dig Bryant McFadden. i met the guy at the Monroeville Mall last year doing radio interviews. he didn't look happy to be there. haha!

i think if they opt to take McFadden out of the rotation a few snaps, i'm sure it's for good reason. possibly to give him rest and keep Gay up on the action. i'm not sure, but both players can pull their own weight. i wouldn't object to either player taking snaps from time to time. =)

tony hipchest 01-06-2009 01:12 AM

all i know is cornerbacks are damn expensive and we got 3 cheap ones and one who is playing great, yet still being paid below market standards.

townsend's contract runs out after 09 and mccfadden is a free agent this year.

im guessing the steelers are looking if they can survive with ike and gay.

not only is there gameday to manage, but the cap as well.

SteelCityKing 01-06-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 516364)
all i know is cornerbacks are damn expensive and we got 3 cheap ones and one who is playing great, yet still being paid below market standards.

townsend's contract runs out after 09 and mccfadden is a free agent this year.

not only is there gameday to manage, but the cap as well.

that sounds iffy to me. i just hope they decide to keep this defensive sqaud together for few more years.

Steelman16 01-06-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityKing (Post 516366)
that sounds iffy to me. i just hope they decide to keep this defensive sqaud together for few more years.

Deciding to keep it is one story. Actually keeping it together is a whole other one.

But, in Steeler tradition, we have "starters in waiting" lying in the wings. :wink02:

SteelCityKing 01-06-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelman16 (Post 516398)
Deciding to keep it is one story. Actually keeping it together is a whole other one.

But, in Steeler tradition, we have "starters in waiting" lying in the wings. :wink02:

of course we do. we always have back ups upon back ups waiting to replace the other guys. it sucks because you grow so attached to certain players and then BAM...outsted by the young bucks. it sucks, ya know? :pissed:

The Duke 01-06-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 516364)

This

IMO, BMac is gone next year. Gay has proven he can play, and he is just in his 2nd year

Looking back, bryant missed games against the colts, bolts, giants, skins and pats. All these teams can pass the ball well and Gay started most of those

Bryant "regained" his starting job for the ravens game, but they've actually been rotating at times since then

I may be a Gay homer( I know that sounds wrong :chuckle:), but he's been good enough to tell the coaches he can play and they won't miss BMac

steelreserve 01-06-2009 03:04 AM

Whichever one demands the billion-dollar contract is gone, because we just can't afford to keep four starting corners. It'll probably be McFadden. I hope he enjoys his time with the Redskins.

Galax Steeler 01-06-2009 04:26 AM

I also see Mcfadden gone after this year he is going to want a high dollar contract and I don't see the steelers doing that with the way Gay is starting to play.

Rhee Rhee 01-06-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 516403)
I may be a Gay homer( I know that sounds wrong :chuckle:)

as am i :flap:

but in all seriousness with McFadden's agent being who he is, i don't see how the rooneys could ever negotiate with a man like that let alone offer mcfadden a contract..

gay turned out to be an excellent pick and hopefully will be with us for awhile..