Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Chad not like TO? *gasp* (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3108)

CantStop85 12-22-2005 12:04 PM

Chad not like TO? *gasp*

From an article I just read:
Quote:

Chick Ludwig, Dayton Daily News

Yes, it will be a very Merry Christmas for Dylan Izor, thanks to his new best friend; Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson. Izor, 5, of New Lebanon, met his hero during Johnson's autograph signing at Cardboard Heroes at the Dayton Mall on Monday night.
"He gave me a dollar and told me, 'Merry Christmas,' " Johnson said on Wednesday during the Bengals' open locker-room period at Paul Brown Stadium. "So I gave him something in return and told him, 'Merry Christmas' back."
Johnson accepted Izor's $1 bill. In exchange, Johnson handed the youngster a "Ben Franklin"; a $100 bill.
"It made my son so happy," said Justin Izor, Dylan's father. "He loves the Bengals. His first hero is Chad Johnson."
The Izors waited in line during the autograph session, then Dylan approached Johnson on his own. The two got some one-on-time together.
"All of a sudden, Dylan comes running back, yelling and screaming, 'Chad's my best friend! Chad's my best friend!' " Justin said.
The $100 bill is housed in a frame that features an autographed photo of Johnson shaking hands with Dylan.
"It's $100 he's never going to spend," Justin said. "Dylan has calmed down, but I haven't. I'm still shaking. The whole night was a dream come true."

tony hipchest 12-22-2005 12:16 PM

Re: Chad not like TO? *gasp*

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85
From an article I just read:

come on dylan...i mean cantstop85, you know you want to crack into that frame and spend the $100 chad gave you:grin:

t.o. would have given the kid 2 bills:busted:

did chad mention to him how hes holding rudolph hostage in his garage?:blurp:

Steel - X 12-22-2005 12:16 PM

People tend to put a bad name on CJ comparing him to TO. Why because he celbrates TD's? I am not sure. I know his college career when it started there were some problems, but from the interviews and things I have seen on CJ I dont have a problem with him. Nice Article 85

CantStop85 12-22-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
did chad mention to him how hes holding rudolph hostage in his garage?:blurp:

You know you're anxious to see that celebration too. :blurp:

clevestinks 12-22-2005 12:22 PM

I know some people from the Cinci area, and Chad seems like a descent guy. Props to him.
The autograph deal though, I wonder how much he got paid that day?

tony hipchest 12-22-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85
You know you're anxious to see that celebration too. :blurp:

unless he is wearing the hide of a skinned animal and doing a pow-wow dance i will be disappointed:grin:

Suitanim 12-22-2005 04:57 PM

Still don't like him...relatively speaking, the $4-5 bucks I've tossed in the Salvation Army cannisters this Holiday season represents a much more significant donation/income ratio than his lousy hundred bucks.

SteelCityMan786 12-22-2005 05:28 PM

Man, I never thought I'd see the day. Thought he'd do a weird celebration.

boLT fan 12-22-2005 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Still don't like him...relatively speaking, the $4-5 bucks I've tossed in the Salvation Army cannisters this Holiday season represents a much more significant donation/income ratio than his lousy hundred bucks.

Wait a second. Let's just pretend for a few minutes you're 10 years old and idolize Chad Johnson (or some Squeelers player). If this said player gave you 100 bucks and said he was your best friend, you wouldn't consider that the greatest thing in the world. You would ask for $1,000 dollars and a Cadillac or something? Of course Chad wouldnt' give the kid a whole crap load of money, I don't think when that kid grows up he's gonna say "Damn that Chad Johnson, he should've bought me a house when I met him".

Koopa 12-22-2005 07:44 PM

i've always thought chad was a good guy, and i've never understood why ppl compare him to t.o., maybe there's a comparison on the field but chad is not a cancer to his team. and doesn't talk shit about his teammates.