Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mel Kieper on LenDale White (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3119)

Suitanim 12-23-2005 08:39 AM

Mel Kieper on LenDale White

Q: If he declares, where will USC junior running back LenDale White end up being drafted? ? Bill, Plymouth, Minn.
I'd say late first round if he enters the draft. Reggie Bush obviously will go first or second overall, and Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams will be in that first-round mix as well. If White is the second-highest-rated running back behind Bush, he could go early to middle of the first round.

A lot would depend on his workouts, too. White is a big running back (6-2, 235), but if he runs a great 40 time, he could catapult up in the first round. Best-case scenario for White is early to middle of the first round, but right now I'm thinking more the latter part of the opening round.

(Latter part of the first round...that's interesting!)

SteelCityMan786 12-23-2005 08:48 AM

Re: Mel Kieper on LenDale White

Yeah if he does well in the workouts he can go high but if he has problems he could go low.

clevestinks 12-23-2005 09:16 AM

We thought that Matt Jones would be available last draft, then he went from early secound round, to late first, then was drafted way before we had a chance. But we did get Heath, which worked out great!

Dook 12-23-2005 10:39 AM

I really want us to get RB Lendale White in the first, if he is available. Of all the mock draft's I've seen, a lot of them, he is still available at our pick. But you never know.

Also I think we should get WR Martin Nance with our second pick but he probably won't be available in the bottom of the 2nd so we need to trade up somehow.

SteelerFanInCA 12-23-2005 02:21 PM

Lendale White would be a nice fit for our system. White & Parker running together makes for a nice combo.

Prosdo 12-23-2005 02:22 PM

I love the idea of LenDale White coming here. From what I have heard he sounds like he would be a perfect fit. Everything I have read about him seems very good.

Suitanim 12-23-2005 02:36 PM

I've seen some mocks with us picking DeAngelo Williams. I don't get that at all...he's cut from the same cloth as Willie Parker.

Parker: 5'10" 209

Williams: 5'10" 217 lbs

Koopa 12-23-2005 03:05 PM

i hope lendale flops in the workouts and we take a chance on him and he becomes great for us.

clevestinks 12-23-2005 03:29 PM

Is our biggest need running back? Or a big time player at wr?

Koopa 12-23-2005 03:36 PM

to me it's running back since we are a running team. we can get a wr in the second round we need a running back that can carry the load and lendale can do that