Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Browns fans on suicide watch (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=31220)

jjpro11 01-12-2009 01:20 AM

Browns fans on suicide watch

really lousy time to be a browns fan... and i live in the heart of it. :tt02::flap:

MasterOfPuppets 01-12-2009 01:27 AM

Re: Browns fans on suicide watch

was you going somewhere with this ??? :popcorn:

jjpro11 01-12-2009 01:38 AM

one of their hated rivals will play in the super bowl and they just finished a season from hell.

CB1977 01-12-2009 03:45 PM

Hmmmm, that's funny. The last time I knew, I and a lot of other Browns fans weren't really contemplating suicide.

Yes pro, we just finished a season from hell but ya know, there are many other positive things you can think about besides football. Sure, we'd LOVE to have a super bowl bound team but it just hasn't happened to us since we've been back (in 1999) and I really don't see it happening for a few more years, at least.

As far as having one of our "hated rivals" playing in the Super Bowl...it's the lesser of two evils to a Browns fan. We're not sure who we dislike more; Pittsburgh or Baltimore. I think as a Browns fan, I will be rooting for your Steelers. Not because I like them or anything like that. It's just that any team that has any association at all with Art Modell is a number one enemy to us.

So, as far as suicide?? Naw, you can't get rid of us that easily. We're too loyal of a fanbase to do that to ourselves.

Just my two cents worth. :drink:

jjpro11 01-12-2009 05:55 PM

just a little rubbin'.. thats all. i just know a lot of browns fans would like to forget about football right now. but you guys will be back again next year, loyal as usual.

BehindSteelCurtain 01-12-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjpro11 (Post 525223)
really lousy time to be a browns fan... and i live in the heart of it. :tt02::flap:

I live near Youngstown Ohio. tell me about it.

Polamalu43 01-12-2009 09:03 PM

How many have already jumped off bridges?

revefsreleets 01-12-2009 09:29 PM

Hmmm...I posted a couple things about this in the NFL forum. No need to post in "blast Furnace" because their's no real counterpoint to even argue.

steeler chick 01-12-2009 09:42 PM

:chuckle: Hi there JJPro11........................I live in the heart of Browns country too........well if you call Canton Browns country................I hear it EVERY:blah:day of my life:banging: believe me it gets OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pissed: every time i wear my Steeler gear anywhere all i hear is crap:poop: maybe some day they will know what it feels like to have a winning season:rofl::laughing::chuckle::laughing:what ever!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway//////////////////////here we go steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!beat some ratbird butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CB1977 01-13-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoSlash27 (Post 526248)
You know...
The Browns actually have an established club tradition that's commendable and the Browns fans I know personally are good people. On the one hand it sucks that they suck the way they do, but on the other hand they're in our division, so I have to wish all my good luck mojo to the Steelers.
It's easy to stick by a team that wins, but much harder to stick by one that's in a funk. My hat's off to the Browns fans. :hatsoff:

As a member of one of the Browns Backers clubs here in Northeast Ohio, hats off to you for a great post.

Thank you! :hatsoff:

Oh, BTW...PLEASE beat the Ravens!! I do not want to see them in the Super Bowl!!!