Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You guys are EVERYWHERE (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=31507)

Luigi 01-15-2009 03:45 PM

You guys are EVERYWHERE

Not complaining... just an observation. Steelers fans are flat out UNAVOIDABLE. Annoying at times, yes, but kinda cool otherwise. One caveat that I'll get to later.

Seriously, they're everywhere. My next door neighbor is from Pitts originally. Great guy. He likes to stick Steeler stuff in my mailbox to irritate me. It was a can of Iron City a few years ago. I still have that nasty thing in my fridge.

The uncool part... locals who adopt the Steelers just because. They irritate the sh*t outa me. There's Raider foster-fans, and Cowboy foster-fans too, but by far more Steelers.

You guys probably don't have that to deal with since the team has been there for so long. But here, there are weiners who have no connection to Pitts who are wannabe fans. Hate em.

Apparently other cities have this too. Even ones with temas for many years. During a trip to SD to see the Ravens my brother and some friends were catching grief because the locals thought they were locals too. They didn't figure out the car they drove on the tailgate lot was a rental with CA tags. When they realized they had come all the way from Balto they were great, but complained about the local d*ckheads who adopt other city's teams.

That's it - one prop one minor rant.

drucifer 01-15-2009 03:49 PM

Re: You guys are EVERYWHERE

Not living in, being from, or having no connection to Pittsburgh makes me a "wannabe" fan? I respectfully disagree, but may do so disrespectfully should you press the issue. :tt03:

Indo 01-15-2009 03:51 PM

That's just the way it is...

It's a Steeler NATION

No matter where you have been transplanted, you ALWAYS Bleed Black and Gold...

I can't speak for the wanna-be's.....but I would rather them wanna-be Steeler fans than wanna-be CowGirls (what's with that "America's Team" thing, anyway. The Steelers are the True America's Team)

Statik 01-15-2009 03:54 PM

Parents are from the Burgh....moved to MD just before I was born, I moved to VA....kept Steelers pride going

Indo 01-15-2009 03:55 PM

Make no mistake, drucifer, we are glad to have you

NEPAsteeler 01-15-2009 03:56 PM

I live in Eastern Pennsylvania. There's A LOT of real, die-hard Steeler fans on this side of the state. Of course, there's also a lot of Eagles, Giants, and Jets fans too being that we're only two hours away from Philly and New York.

Fire Haley 01-15-2009 03:56 PM

True statement.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...lissteelco.jpg

steelerzfannforever 01-15-2009 03:57 PM

Sorry, but Im not a wanna be fan! I have lived in Ohio all my life and been a Steelers fan since the age of 6 and I am now 39. I have alway bled black n gold and I always will! Just because Im not from Pittsburgh does not make we a wanna be, so please refrain from that stereotype!

Luigi 01-15-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucifer (Post 529231)
Not living in, being from, or having no connection to Pittsburgh makes me a "wannabe" fan? I respectfully disagree, but may do so disrespectfully should you press the issue. :tt03:

Not what I wrote about. I'm talking about those posers who snub the NFL team that plays in the backyard they've been in all their lives in favor of another team, Steelers or otherwise.

It makes even less sense when it's some goober who suffers through the Raiders.

Don't get me wrong, if fans were adopting the Ravens in a similar way I'd eat it up, but the posers around here are hard to respect.

memphissteelergirl 01-15-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luigi (Post 529227)
But here, there are weiners who have no connection to Pitts who are wannabe fans. Hate em.

OK....I have enjoyed reading your posts up until you made this rather ignorant statement.

I was born and raised in Memphis, TN, and I became a Steeler fan around age 10. Admittedly it was because I had a crush on Franco Harris. :chuckle: But as I got older and learned more about the game of football itself, I came to appreciate the kind of football the Steelers play-good, smashmouth football.

And I am not alone in this: Check out www.memphissteelersclub.com

This local fan club was started by a Pittsburgh native, and there are a few other West PA natives in the club, but for the most part the members are from the Memphis area who share a passion for Steeler football. And I am not a bandwagon fan; like I said, I have loved the Steelers for most of my life.

I don't think you have to be from a region to love and appreciate a team.

/rant over.