Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Randy Moss? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=316)

scraw28 02-08-2005 10:29 PM

Randy Moss?

What I heard on Fox Sports Radio and Fox Sports Radio 970 is if Randy Moss gets traded his first choice would be the Steelers because he was a die-hard Steelers fan growing up in Rand,WV outside of Charleston, WV and a couple of hours north of Pittsburgh. Talk about another dimension opposing defensive coordinatord would think twice about putting that extra defender in the box, that would make somebody open all the time and it would enhance our running game to a different level.

BlitzburghRockCity 02-09-2005 10:20 AM

Re: Randy Moss?

The Steelers just dont simply have the cap room to sign a player like moss, who will command atleast near triple digits in a contract restructure. As good as the Omar Kahna and the FO is, there's next to no way we could afford him. Especially with Hines do a new contract this offseason.

besides the fact his personality and attitude are not condusive the Steelers tradition and players we bring in.

ironcitychef 02-09-2005 01:23 PM

Agree. He would never do a one year veteran minimum(cheapest possible contract), so then, do you think we would rather have Moss or keep Burress. Burress would be ahead of Moss cause of money and attitude. Incredible to say, but true. Come on Burress, show everyone you love the game and help us with your contract.

clevestinks 02-13-2005 10:58 AM

Great exciting player, BUT is it really a good trade off for his disruptive personality. I read where all our players talked about how close this team was this year. Is he a chemistry breaker??? I know he is a game breaker.

ironcitychef 02-14-2005 11:37 AM

At the Pro Bowl, Cowher was asked what they needed in the off season, and he said that some tweaking is needed, but overall he loves our guys personality and team make up. Nope no room for Moss on that note...

BlitzburghRockCity 02-14-2005 03:01 PM

Moss has been quoted as saying he really likes the Jets organization and pennington! :rolleyes:

Mr.Otstott 02-14-2005 11:03 PM

It would be nice but i don't think he will join the team!

ironcitychef 02-17-2005 01:22 PM

I heard he would love the jets too. Whats the status on Chad's arm? LAst heard it was worse than thought.

JerseySTEEL 02-17-2005 07:26 PM

last i heard about chads arm is that he might not be ready for camp ...

ironcitychef 02-18-2005 11:39 AM

Saw that Moss is on hold until the new owner gets his set of keys and new stationary printed, then the will look to keep him.(maybe):rolleyes: