Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Onion Dinner Rolls (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=31641)

Steelcitygal87 01-17-2009 03:18 PM

Onion Dinner Rolls

Hey everyone. I make these rolls often...as they are very addicting!

1 (10 oz.) tube of buttermilk biscuits
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

-Preheat oven to 425
-Lightly grease a 10x6 baking dish
-Place butter in a bowl and stir in parsley, dill weed, onion flakes and cheese.
-Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4ths, dip each 4th into butter mixture..making sure to coat all sides.
-Place biscuits in baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.

You can just eat em like that or what I do is take em and dip in heated spaghetti sauce. ENJOY!

GO STEELERS! :tt03:

kittenfantastico76 01-19-2009 05:32 PM

Re: Onion Dinner Rolls

YUM! (I love this thread)!!!

Bob Russell 01-21-2009 11:30 AM

These sound GREAT!!!! Just what I need! My Doctor will give a lot of grief when I eat all these! Thanks for the recipe.

Polamalu Princess 01-21-2009 11:32 AM

Sounds great - thanks!

Steelcitygal87 01-21-2009 11:43 AM

You're welcome, everyone.

Bob, and to think this recipe actually called for 1 stick of butter lol..I thought WOW that is a LOT...so I cut it down to half a stick and I think that is plenty. So tell your Dr..it could have been much worse LOL. Why is it everything that tastes sooo yummy is soooooo bad for us?

Bob Russell 01-21-2009 02:16 PM

LOL!!! Yeah, that's a real belly buster. I really need to get back into the fitness center here at work. I'll start this Monday. That way, I can tell my Mary to go for the WHOLE stick!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

stillers4me 01-21-2009 05:56 PM

These sound great! What kind of meals do they go best with? Spaghetti type dishes?

Steelcitygal87 01-21-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillers4me (Post 539296)
These sound great! What kind of meals do they go best with? Spaghetti type dishes?

I eat them with any type of meal(because they are so dang addicting) LOL..but yes, I think they do go best with Italian type dishes. In fact..now that I think about it...you could even add some garlic powder to that butter mixture...OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol that's what I'm talkin bout lol..It would be like eating little pieces of garlic bread...Gotta try that.
:tt03::tt03::tt03:

Bob Russell 01-27-2009 04:14 PM

ok steelcitygal87,
I.m on a mission! I am giving this to my wife for this Sunday. I also bought a block of siced ham to chip myself the Pittsburgh way. We are having one hellofa party down here!
Shrimp, ribs, bar-b-q chippped ham and everything else Pittsburgh.... Iron, all kinds of chips and dip.... I could go on and on!!!!!!! Oh yeah.... and fire works!!!!!!
We are all soooooo excited!!!!!

Steelcitygal87 01-27-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Russell (Post 544746)
ok steelcitygal87,
I.m on a mission! I am giving this to my wife for this Sunday. I also bought a block of siced ham to chip myself the Pittsburgh way. We are having one hellofa party down here!
Shrimp, ribs, bar-b-q chippped ham and everything else Pittsburgh.... Iron, all kinds of chips and dip.... I could go on and on!!!!!!! Oh yeah.... and fire works!!!!!!
We are all soooooo excited!!!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHH please go on and on and on lol lol..Shrimp, I LOVE shrimp! It all sounds delicious! Let me know how you liked the rolls.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03: