Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Quarterback edge today - what a joke (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=31687)

CaliStillersFan 01-18-2009 01:05 PM

Quarterback edge today - what a joke

I was just listening to the pregame on NFL network and Marshall Faulk said that he thought Flacco was better than Ben and that the Ravens QB had the edge today. Seriously how do these idiots get their job? Most of us on this board, could provide better commentary than these idiots. I wish someday that these networks that host games finally wise up and get some analysts in there that actually know football, instead of these washed athletes that pick games based on who they like.

:tt03:

SteelersinCA 01-18-2009 01:11 PM

Re: Quarterback edge today - what a joke

He was probably told to say that.

LambertIsGod58 01-18-2009 01:13 PM

I'm not the biggest Ben fan in the world, but he IS better than Flacco.

hindes204 01-18-2009 01:14 PM

hes an idiot

markymarc 01-18-2009 01:19 PM

Marshall was just going against the popular choice. The shows I have been watching today all gave the edge to Ben and why wouldn't you. Although Boomer from ESPN made me laugh today. He predicts the Rats to win because Flacco is going to make a few big plays today against the #1 NFL defense.

LambertIsGod58 01-18-2009 01:19 PM

Unfortunately, even these guys have biases. Even though there suppose to be impartial.

LVSteelersfan 01-18-2009 01:20 PM

What the heck is wrong with Marshall Faulk?

He absolutely refuses to give the Steelers any credit whatsoever. He said Willis McGahee is a better running back than Willie Parker. He insists the Ravens WRs are better than Pittsburgh's. He thinks Joe Flacco is the better QB. Warren Sapp looked like he wanted to come out of his seat and smack the crap out of him. I wish he would have because I felt the same way. Why the hate for the Steelers Marshall? Did they P I $ $ in your Cheerios or something this morning? I officially dislike Marshall Faulk with a passion after that. Mooch and Warren at least show a little bit of reality in their assessments.

fansince'76 01-18-2009 01:20 PM

How many rookie QBs have won an AFCCG? Yeah, that's what I thought. :coffee:

T.Richardson 01-18-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 (Post 531770)
Unfortunately, even these guys have biases. Even though there suppose to be impartial.

yep.

SteelCityMom 01-18-2009 01:24 PM

Re: What the heck is wrong with Marshall Faulk?

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it, he's just getting paid to play devils advocate basically...I'm sure he knows better, but he's probably just reading what has been scripted for him.