Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Gamer Chat (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anyone play MLB The Show or MLB 2K series? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=31696)

T.Richardson 01-18-2009 01:38 PM

Anyone play MLB The Show or MLB 2K series?

Honestly I play MLB 08 The Show more than Madden, but The show is like one of the best baseball games I have played, and I cant wait for MLB 09 The Show because of the new features, but I cant list them because there are too many characters.

pittsburghp8baller 01-18-2009 01:59 PM

Re: Anyone play MLB The Show or MLB 2K series?

well, i have a 360 so im probably gonna get 2k9 but i loved the show back when i had PS2 i was reading on some of the new features, kind of made wished i had a PS3, sounds cool

GoFins11 01-18-2009 08:52 PM

MLB The Show is the best baseball video game franchise. I cannot wait for 09. The 2k games have nothing on the show.

Crushzilla 01-18-2009 11:18 PM

The Show is the best SPORTS video game franchise.

When I was in the dorms my roommate, the two guys across the hall, and I all had separate franchises.

I thought my poor PS3 was going to explode.

I haven't even looked up 09. New features, eh? :computer:

GoFins11 01-19-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 534895)
The Show is the best SPORTS video game franchise.

When I was in the dorms my roommate, the two guys across the hall, and I all had separate franchises.

I thought my poor PS3 was going to explode.

I haven't even looked up 09. New features, eh? :computer:

They are adding mascots! Billy the Marlin FTW:thumbsup:

Here is a lest of features

Crushzilla 01-19-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFins11 (Post 535518)
They are adding mascots! Billy the Marlin FTW:thumbsup:

Here is a lest of features

Awesome link, Fins. Thank you.

The thing I love about The Show is the attention to detail.

While it is a game that has been historically glitchy at moments (I've hit my share of weak inside the park homers) it really is a fantastic experience all around.

I'm the kind of gamer that can get lost in the finance books and AA rosters for a good hour or two, so I love what they offer me.

Also, little things like customizing batter walk-up music makes the irrational customization Nazi in me squeal with delight.

T.Richardson 01-19-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 535875)
Awesome link, Fins. Thank you.

The thing I love about The Show is the attention to detail.

While it is a game that has been historically glitchy at moments (I've hit my share of weak inside the park homers) it really is a fantastic experience all around.

I'm the kind of gamer that can get lost in the finance books and AA rosters for a good hour or two, so I love what they offer me.

Also, little things like customizing batter walk-up music makes the irrational customization Nazi in me squeal with delight.

ah yes the glitches! I just hope they dont happen to me in 09, I had a player on Road to the Show, and I hit a homerun, a double, a single, and all I needed was a triple for a cycle, and the pitcher threw a wild pitch and the ball kept rolling and rolling, and the computer kept running in place, and I was forced to restart the game, it pissed me off.

GoFins11 01-20-2009 07:30 PM

Here is some more info with a great video

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...d-improved-ai/

TackleMeBen 01-21-2009 09:20 AM

my son who is 6 loves the show. we created him on his psp and he hasnt stopped playing it. i now have a hard time getting him to do his homework b/c he wants to play that. i think i will pass on telling him about 09..lol

Crushzilla 01-22-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TackleMeBen (Post 538763)
my son who is 6 loves the show. we created him on his psp and he hasnt stopped playing it. i now have a hard time getting him to do his homework b/c he wants to play that. i think i will pass on telling him about 09..lol

He's just practicing for when he does it for real and makes mommy a lot of $$$.

:noidea:

Did I just earn my little buddy a few extra playing hours?