Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tailgating at Raymond James (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32049)

FrankLewis43 01-21-2009 10:09 AM

Tailgating at Raymond James

I just bought a parking pass for the Superbowl and now I find out there is no tailgating permitted in NFL controlled lots that day. That's unbelievable - how in the world will they be able to stop Steeler fans (either in the car lot or the bus lot) from drinking and tailgating?

Stlrs4Life 01-21-2009 10:11 AM

Re: Tailgating at Raymond James

It was the same in Detroit in the NFL lots. You need to find an outside lot that is privately owned.

RoethlisBURGHer 01-21-2009 10:16 AM

If you tailgaite, they will kick you out and bar you from attending the game.

They don't want the normal fans to scare off the coroporate shmucks.

FrankLewis43 01-21-2009 10:27 AM

Damn - there's $60 down the drain.

TheSteelCurtain 01-21-2009 01:12 PM

im sure you could sell it to someone once you get down there. Especially if ya dump it for 40-50 bucks

fmbartender 01-25-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankLewis43 (Post 538839)
Damn - there's $60 down the drain.

First, not only do you get banned, if you have alcohol they will CITE you. NO FUN LEAGUE rules for the Super Bowl....really sux.

Second.....no ticket, no parking...even if you have prepaid parking pass you need to show a valid ticket for every person in vehicle to enter lot.

The good news is go online...stubhub, tixx, razorgator, etc., and sell the parking pass...easy enough. Even though click2park is still selling parking passes for face value, most people don't know that and are paying top dollar....worth a shot.

The Steeler Nation from Southwest Florida-Fort Myers Beach-is partying at the following: It costs $35 for Day-of-game parking. Pretty much anything is allowed (yes, their having a bikini contest!). You can drink (byob), cook, party, whatever.....bathrooms on site. Here is the link....

http://www.supergateii.com

It is real close to this O'Briens (I am real familiar with the area!). They are actually starting the Tailgate Party on THURSDAY!

Also....we have been checking this out for months....we were going to party even if the Steelers weren't there...and there are not too many places where you can party, drink, cook, etc this close to the stadium. Unfortunately, the NFL does NOT allow tailgating in their lots at RayJay. Al Lopez park is next to the stadium and they are haveing a tailgate party, but again no cooking or drinking. Most city, county and state parks do not allow drinking.....what good is that!

Any questions?

Frank The Tank 01-25-2009 03:48 PM

:tt03:Man this is sad. We had a spot a block and a half from the stadium for a mega party, which was going to be open to all fans. We already had arranged for food and beer it would have been a blast. I tried to convince the caterer who was going to run it to go anyway but he's a real Eagles fan and wouldn't go if his team wasn't in. So we had to cancel the flight, van rentals, hotels, beer, food, low -boy to haul the party bus. Man what a shame. We had a great time with Steeler fans at our tailgate party in Philly (cavstailgate on youtube) and were looking forward to doing it again.
Best of luck in Tampa.

Cocoa Steeler 01-26-2009 01:25 PM

I have family coming down from Pittsburgh and we have rented an RV and a place to park it 2 blocks from the north end of the stadium. We will be tailgating there Thursday through Monday. It is a private car dealership that rents space for all of the games at Tampa Stadium ( Bucs and USF). I'll have a grill, fire pit, 42" HDTV etc. set up. Please stop by if you're in the area. I'm looking forward to taking over the City of Tampa for the Steelers Nation!!

Our exact location is at the corner of N. Cortez Ave. and MLK BLVD. Look for a 3'x5' Steeler flag.:tt02: Go north on Dale Mabry to MLK then go left or west on MLK. We will be 2 blocks down on the right side.

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO !!!:applaudit: