Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Whats up with the talk of the whiz bringing the cardinals their toughness? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32055)

Sharkissle29 01-21-2009 01:16 PM

Whats up with the talk of the whiz bringing the cardinals their toughness?

Im not sure if you guys all watch ESPN or not (i know a lot of ppl here dont like it).

But i've been watching it all day, and they have been having stories on how ken whisenhunt brought the steelers toughness over to the cardinals. Exactly what "toughness" are they talking about? Last i checked they are the same team they were years ago, only now with a high powered offense. this doesnt make you tough.

I dont know about you guys, but when i think of the cardinals, i still do not think they are tough. you want tough? come play football in the afc north....

Enough of this BS talk about the cardinals being tough, i guess ESPN is just trying to stir up stories for the superbowl....

Sry, i had to vent that, it is just pissing me off that this is where the media is heading bc they are nowhere near as tough as we are.....and probably never will be

steelax04 01-21-2009 02:14 PM

Re: Whats up with the talk of the whiz bringing the carinals their toughness?

The media has TWO WHOLE WEEKS to fill with nonsense. Gotta cut them a little slack since, as Whiz said himself, there are no compelling storylines this year. Doesn't mean that I don't want to vomit when I hear it, but it gives me a little level of tolerance toward it.

MACH1 01-21-2009 02:33 PM

Re: Whats up with the talk of the whiz bringing the carinals their toughness?

Tough? They'll find out what tough is all about.

The cards are a finesse team if anything.

RoethlisBURGHer 01-21-2009 03:04 PM

Re: Whats up with the talk of the whiz bringing the cardinals their toughness?

I'll give them thier wideouts. Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston don't mind contact and they all block well.

But other than that, they are a very finesse team. proven by thier regular season ranking of #32 rushing, and I think #19 overall in defense.

Crushzilla 01-21-2009 03:19 PM

They looked pretty... tough... up in Foxboro. :rolleyes:

TackleMeBen 01-21-2009 03:30 PM

warner will be the 3rd oldest player to play in a superbowl.. lol

stlrz fan 01-21-2009 04:06 PM

Let ESPN stroke their egos and get them overconfident. But, how will they play the underdog card now.