Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Gamer Chat (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   HDMI Cables (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32157)

steelpride12 01-22-2009 08:20 PM

HDMI Cables

I recently just went out and bought a 32" Sanyo Flat Screen HDTV for my gaming. Amazing TV for $447.00 and yes only 720p.
Instead of spending $20 at walmart, i bought an HDMI Cables on Ebay for 4.99 and WOW It's amazing!
NHL 09, Madden and like every game just has such a bright rich color with amazing sound quality almost like surround sound. Even the graphics looks enhanced without the crappy mega pixels showing great. O and i hooked it up to my PS3 if you were wondering the system.
If you have an HDTV with at least 480p Mega pixels get an HDMI Cables its amazing!

lilyoder6 01-22-2009 09:28 PM

Re: HDMI Cables

wait til u watch a blu-ray on the ps3 with the hdmi cable.. it's pretty effing amazing

steelerbackr4life 01-23-2009 01:55 PM

The price on them came way down. As well as the price for a fiber audio cable. When I got my first hi def tv 2005 the hdmi was 75.00 The first fiber audio I bought was 90.00 that was in 2003

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold 01-24-2009 05:55 AM

Sadly my 360 is an older unit and doesn't have HDMI output :sad:

Pittsburghfan 01-24-2009 08:04 AM

Okay I figured I would put this here. I have a question about HDMI cables. I got one for my 360, but only when I play madden when like their is noise it makes a crackly noise. What is it? I tried turning down my volume but nothing happened.

CantStop85 01-24-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan (Post 541655)
Okay I figured I would put this here. I have a question about HDMI cables. I got one for my 360, but only when I play madden when like their is noise it makes a crackly noise. What is it? I tried turning down my volume but nothing happened.

Does it happen with most games or just Madden? Would the same thing occur if you used regular output cables? If not you may just have a faulty HDMI cable. Check the prongs where the cable connects and see if anything is bent or missing.

steelpride12 01-24-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokin3000gt (Post 541764)
Not only is the pic amazing with HDMI on a PS3, but the sound is also noticeably better. Cleaner and more crisp. HD spoils quickly!

Speaking of sweet ass HD and PS3.. anyone on here have Madden '08 and PS3?

I play Madden '09 on PS3 and with the HDMI cables it just looks amazing. Last night I play like 4 games Steelers Vs. Cards whooping their ass everytime ha!:flap:

Preacher 01-24-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokin3000gt (Post 541917)
Maybe you can give me a tip on how not to throw an INT every time? :doh:

LOL.. I am still playing madden 05 (I have 07, but in Gamecube, it is slow. I have to get a new platform, but I am basically waiting for the next generation to come out).

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold 01-24-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokin3000gt (Post 541917)
Maybe you can give me a tip on how not to throw an INT every time? :doh:

Don't throw the ball, that is the only solution I have found. I got picked off by a defensive tackle twice the last time I played the game, it was then I decided that I wasn't going to play anymore.

steelpride12 01-25-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokin3000gt (Post 541961)
I think you're going to be waiting awhile preach. Might as well treat yourself and get a ps3 or xbox my friend. I like the ps3 because its a blu ray player, and even upconverts regular DVDs among many other features.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I got frustrated with it too and put it up for a while after two games. It's hard to keep the ball onthe ground the whole game because defense gets smart.

Every new madden that comes out the AI gets smarter and smarter. You have to play the game like a real football game. Start with a few successful run plays racking 4-5 yards , if you get it to first and 5 play an I formation or single back(a more run designed formation), and run play action, best way to get open over the middle.

You just have to be smart and pacient even if that means earning every yard in a passing situation. Play with alot of easy hook and slant routes, but if you see a DB DONT THROW IT! Audibles and changing the route of the receiver help as well.