Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Media (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Limas Sweed Video -- w/ a Twist (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32256)

steelers2685 01-24-2009 12:58 AM

Limas Sweed Video -- w/ a Twist

Just browing YouTube to watch some Limas Sweed highlights showcasing the excitement that he is going to become for us here in another year or two alongside Santonio. I want to post this because I'd like to see if any of you make a connection from a particular play in this video to something Steeler-related that occurred a few years ago with us. Might we see a repeat of it???? :popcorn:

Post up what you think it is. I'll share my proposed answer tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw

And by the way, I may as well mention this here instead of making a new thread, Sweed is going to be badass but I just wish he'd go with #84 or something and ditch the Neil O'Donnell cursed jersey #14 :banging::mad: That's what I blame for his play this year. Neil O'Donnell dropped the ball for us how many times there between 94 and 95? I'm still traumatized.

TheSteelCurtain 01-24-2009 01:16 AM

Re: Limas Sweed Video -- w/ a Twist

He wore 4 in college. Leftwich wears that now but he was not even around when Limas was signed. Who wore 4 last years? Im gonna go look.

14 is a stupid number for a wide receiver anyways.

MasterOfPuppets 01-24-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

I just wish he'd go with #84 or something and ditch the Neil O'Donnell cursed jersey #14 That's what I blame for his play this year. Neil O'Donnell dropped the ball for us how many times there between 94 and 95? I'm still traumatized.
but yet holmes wearing korkies # 10 ,doesn't bother you? how many times did korkie " drop the ball "

Preacher 01-24-2009 01:39 AM

who cares.

14 was my number--when I could get it playing hockey. Personally, I like it.

Notice how he caught a number of those balls with his hands outstretched. Especially the out and ups. It seems to ALL be gamespeed right now.

Since he didn't really have a chance to adjust to game speed in the reg. season, he is actually having to take a step and a half up.

He will be fine when he adjusts.

TheSteelCurtain 01-24-2009 01:42 AM

I like Limas and i feel he will do great next year. Im not saying the number is cursed. We probably had bad players at one point wearing all the numbers.

I just wonder why he didnt take 4. 14 is a punters number.

TheSteelCurtain 01-24-2009 01:46 AM

Not to double post. But for a rookie he does a really good job running routes and understanding plays from what i see. That is usually a big problem with Rookies also and its nice he is ahead of the game.

I saw a interview with him back in Latrobe before he was even signed and he was working with Hines on the playbook so he has the desire to learn.

I totally agree with what you said about the gamespeed too. You nailed it on the head. I think he is gonna fill out a lot by next year too.

14 is hockey thats a pretty wild number too...What did ya play?

Crushzilla 01-24-2009 01:57 AM

He didn't take 4 because he couldn't.

If I'm not mistaking a WR can only wear 10-19 or 80-89.

The only exception would seem to be Devin Hester, but he was brought into the league as a CB hence the 23. I'm surprised they didn't want him to change it after the Bears declared him as a WR on their roster.

I double we'll see the double reverse WR pass again. If the offense sees that play again it'll be from the sideline.

I'm curious to see what Whiz tries to pull.

EDIT: If I remember correctly there was a bit of discussion about this when Reggie Bush was drafted. Basically, Reggie wanted 5, and the NFL said "I don't care who you were in college; these are the rules."

Or something like that...

TheSteelCurtain 01-24-2009 02:04 AM

I think you are right about that actually. Good call. Lets just say he is gonna play QB next year give him his number and they we can line him up at wideout. hahaha.

pghfrank1948 01-24-2009 07:04 AM

Well that video was sure uplifting and I hope we will see some of his great catches in the future. This is the biggest stage he will ever play on and it might get to him. We will need a threat like him in the future and I hope the Steelers give him a chance to show his stuff!!!! Go Steelers !!!!

stlrtruck 01-24-2009 07:19 AM

I say NO!!! Only because there is no such as a curse, I don't believe in that mojo (or how did Tomlin put it - Hocus Pocus). And even if I did, you'd have to believe that Tomlin has broke through the hocus pocus and all those curses are fading away.

Check for Sweed to make an impact in 1 week, 1 day, 22 hours!!