Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Pirates talk (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=324)

ironcitychef 02-21-2005 11:50 AM

Pirates talk

Just got my tickets to see the Pirates vs. Braves down here in Orlando for Spring Training. Right behind the Bucs bench. Can't wait. Just wanted to know if any of the PA fans are like me. I know that we will not contend for the World Series, because our division is stacked with STL, CHI, and HOU. I ma just happy that even though we are fiscally challenged, we keep bringing in new guys. I like watching new guys over the course of a year. Last year was great with Perez, Wilson, Bay and such. Having Mesa was great too. Hope until we can develop a strong pitching staff, we keep making our team a competitive one so that I can hope MIL and CIN finish below us.

SteelersFever 02-24-2005 03:10 PM

Re: Pirates talk

I'm also a Pirates fan. Although, they are disappointing. It really pisses me off how they develop young players and then trade them away. It goes all the way back to Barry Bonds and even further.

ironcitychef 02-25-2005 10:37 AM

I just can't wait to get autographs of Benito and Ben Grieve. who thought they would be Pirates? Also the main guys of Wilson, Wilson, Bay, and Perez.

Just want to know who will wear my favorite # 18. Since Van Slyke and Kendall my favorites always wear it.

Also Spin Williams is as great as Dick Hoak in local legends I think.

clevestinks 02-26-2005 12:02 PM

Getting Benito is great, I just wish it were 5 years ago.

ironcitychef 03-01-2005 01:44 AM

And now everyone else shows up at camp to practice. I think it has some house cleaning to do, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for opening day in baseball. I do believe it is one of those sporting events you should take your kids to.

clevestinks 03-08-2005 06:04 PM

Another long average season to come.

ironcitychef 03-09-2005 08:20 AM

average yes, but I just want to watch all the new pitchers we have.

ironcitychef 03-11-2005 01:31 AM

Saw the Bucs game against the Braves today in Orlando. Kip Wells was solid in 3 perfect innings, but sometimes would let pitches hang high like last year. Cesar Crespo is a small fast son of a gun. We only brought the young guys as the bus trip was too long. I'd say our young guys give up an average of four inches and 60 pounds to the Braves starters. Man that team is solid. Bucs won 1-0 in ninth on Doumit's double. Ward pinched hit a clutch double, so watch to see if we put him at 1st and move Wilson to left, Bay to Center and Lawton to right, Don't know cause Redman was hot going 2-3 today.

clevestinks 03-13-2005 08:39 AM

Did the Bucs beat the tribe Friday?? I missed the outcome, not that it matters but I had a friend going to the game

ironcitychef 03-15-2005 01:57 AM

Sorry for not posting on this before, but the net has been slow at night lately(NCAA freaks?). Anyway, yes the tribe beat us pretty good Friday. Perez was average at best coming back to action. As for Bucs news, Ritchie left to retire which should move Dave Williams into the rotation as he had another good outing this spring. Plus he's a lefty.