Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prayers for a friend's family (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32414)

stlrtruck 01-26-2009 08:33 AM

Prayers for a friend's family

Unfortunately I have to start this off and say that this Sunday has lost some of it's luster.

Last night I received a late phone call that one of my best friends died yesterday of a heart attack. He was my game day buddy. When I would go to O'Briens - I would usually pick him up and we'd go over together. We had become like brothers. It wasn't just the Game Day that was important - it was the sharing of our lives and the bonding that took place on the 40 minute drive to the club.

I'm asking that you pray for his wife and his parents and brothers and sisters. This was a shock to us all. He was a healthy man who had only an asthma problem (that I knew of) and was always in good spirits and a positive attitude.

I miss him already!!!

Steelcitygal87 01-26-2009 08:37 AM

Re: Prayers for a friend's family

:hug: I am so sorry for your loss. His family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Philippians 1:3 ~ You will always have the wonderful memories of time spent with your friend.

Polamalu Princess 01-26-2009 06:48 PM

My prayers are with you and his loved ones.

devilsdancefloor 01-26-2009 07:00 PM

sorry for your loss

HometownGal 01-26-2009 08:18 PM

OMG Scott that is just so sad. I will most definitely keep your friend, his family, friends, including you of course, in my prayers. Only the good die young, as the song says. May your friend forever rest in peace in God's Kingdom.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, my friend. :hug:

PAMillerGrrl83 01-26-2009 10:05 PM

My prayers are with you.

Galax Steeler 01-27-2009 04:47 AM

Hang in there thoughts and prayers.

stlrtruck 01-30-2009 11:53 AM

Today I laid to rest one of my best friends. There was a transformation that took place within me as Mass (he was Catholic) started, continued, ended, and finalizing at his resting place. I will always have fond memories of our rides together to the games, our conversations about God, faith, love, children, and just life in general.

But today, I lay aside my sorrow - I feel it with joy that he is with the Lord, God Almighty, and that if it were reversed, I would want him to be donning his black and gold, and preparing himself for the big game.

So my mindsight is from funeral to football in memory and with love of my friend!

I pray he enjoys the game with the likes of Art Rooney, Myron Cope, and all the Steelers Nation gone before him!!!

GBMelBlount 01-31-2009 04:16 PM

Scott. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. How terrible. His wife, family, and YOU of course, will be in my prayers. :hug:

TroysBadDawg 02-09-2009 02:23 PM

Prayers going you way