Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Am I asking too much? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32520)

chenzzo 01-27-2009 01:31 PM

Am I asking too much?

Hereís what I want to see this Sunday, perhaps Iím asking too much.

I want scoring.

Offensive scoring, and defensive scoring.

I want to score through the air, I want to score on the ground.
I want each receiver on our team to make a TD pass.
I want FWP and Memo to both get into the endzone.
I want Santo to bust off a huge punt return.
I want Berger to punt the ball to the 1 yard line where it sticks in the ground like a lightning bolt from God.
I want Ben to throw a laser guided missile to Limas Sweed that embeds itself in his sternum so he doesnít even have to catch it.
I want Ben to shed defenders like a lion shakes off hyenas, while he roars defiance and throws a 65 yard touchdown.
I want Hines Ward to block someone into oblivion.

I want Troy to run back an interception.
I want a fumble recovered in the endzone for a touchdown.
I want Kurt Warner sacked...a lot...and repeatedly.
I want him sacked for a loss, I want Woodley to reverse suplex him for a safety, and I want him sacked for looking at Harrison funny.
I want him to get addled and start throwing to the guys in the Black and Gold uniforms.
I want Larry Fitzgerald to be so paranoid that he misses balls.
I want him to get hit so hard he fumbles his teeth and we recover them and score for 5 points, in a brand new type of scoring invented solely for this game.
I want Boldin looking over his shoulder for Ryan Clark. I want him to have night sweats in the middle of the game from fear.

In short, I want a blowout. I want to beat the spread like it was a rented mule.

Am I asking too much?

Steelers 01-27-2009 01:36 PM

Re: Am I asking too much?

That's pretty much a best-case scenario. Would be amazing, but I'll be happy with the W no matter how it may happen.

Dizzle43 01-27-2009 01:44 PM

Why don't you just want to win the game? That's all that matters.

truesteelerfan 01-27-2009 01:59 PM

Yes...Winning is all that matters...But isn't it a much better feeling when we dominate somebody? Especially when its on a stage this big? Some people in New England are probably going to say the only reason the Steelers won is because Brady was hurt....I want to leave no doubt, that regardless of who we played on the way to get where we are....We are the Champions.

NEPAsteeler 01-27-2009 02:08 PM

I don't care who we have hit into oblivion, how many times we force a turnover, or how many times we get into the endzone. I just want to see the Steelers holding up that sixth Lombardi at the end of the night! :tt02:

Hines4ever 01-27-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenzzo (Post 544648)

I want scoring.

I want Berger to punt the ball to the 1 yard line where it sticks in the ground like a lightning bolt from God.
I want Ben to throw a laser guided missile to Limas Sweed that embeds itself in his sternum so he doesnít even have to catch it.
I want Ben to shed defenders like a lion shakes off hyenas, while he roars defiance and throws a 65 yard touchdown.

I want him sacked for a loss, I want Woodley to reverse suplex him for a safety, and I want him sacked for looking at Harrison funny.
I want him to get addled and start throwing to the guys in the Black and Gold uniforms.
I want him to get hit so hard he fumbles his teeth and we recover them and score for 5 points, in a brand new type of scoring invented solely for this game.
I want Boldin looking over his shoulder for Ryan Clark. I want him to have night sweats in the middle of the game from fear.

In short, I want a blowout. I want to beat the spread like it was a rented mule.

Am I asking too much?

LOVE IT.....I WANT THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!:tt02::tt03:

The_WARDen 01-27-2009 02:15 PM

Yes.

fansince'76 01-27-2009 02:24 PM

Probably, but I want the same thing. For once, I'd like to be able to relax in the 2nd half.

klick81 01-27-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenzzo (Post 544648)

I want scoring.

Am I asking too much?

LOL...that was great. I'm getting so psyched for this game. IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!

Indo 01-27-2009 02:29 PM

You forgot about blocking both a punt and a field goal attempt, and running them both in