Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   all the "Six Pack" talk (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32569)

Stevo 01-28-2009 07:04 AM

all the "Six Pack" talk

Opinion from a life-long Steeler fan:

All the talk (hype) about a sixth Super Bowl victory, other wise known as the "Six Pack," is beginning to sound premature. Why not just make a rap video and complete the cycle.

And personally, I think it is a stupid name. I am surprised it is not followed by a "git er done" in all caps.

If Pittsburgh wins... then people can come up with some cute sounding cliché (and hopefully a better one). But until Sunday night, anything referring to a SB win feels a lot like those "19-0" shirts sent to Nicaragua.

I am sure crazy fans drunk on SB media hype disagree. Sorry friends, sober up until Pittsburgh gets number 6.

Go Steelers!

CPanther95 01-28-2009 07:09 AM

Re: all the "Six Pack" talk

The Steeler fans in WV are calling it "One for the Thumb".

KeiselPower99 01-28-2009 08:20 AM

Is that a remark that we aint very smart?

TailgateMel 01-28-2009 08:39 AM

Opinion from a life long Steelers fan:

Its absolutely positively no different from all the "one for the thumb" hype.

Be grateful it didn't really start until we got into the playoffs... I think 1 for the thumb in 81 started early in the season.

Mel

fansince'76 01-28-2009 08:41 AM

At least they weren't arrogant enough to trademark it.

SuperSteelers 01-28-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo (Post 545281)
Opinion from a life-long Steeler fan:

All the talk (hype) about a sixth Super Bowl victory, other wise known as the "Six Pack," is beginning to sound premature. Why not just make a rap video and complete the cycle.

And personally, I think it is a stupid name. I am surprised it is not followed by a "git er done" in all caps.

If Pittsburgh wins... then people can come up with some cute sounding cliché (and hopefully a better one). But until Sunday night, anything referring to a SB win feels a lot like those "19-0" shirts sent to Nicaragua.

I am sure crazy fans drunk on SB media hype disagree. Sorry friends, sober up until Pittsburgh gets number 6.

Go Steelers!

I think you're confusing the fananticism of the Steeler Nation with the NFL Pittsburgh Steelers football team.

Don't question the resolve of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They have met every challenge in the post-season. They are strong, focused and have done nothing to indicate that they will treat this game with disregard.

How can you blame the fans for being excited that their team is in the SuperBowl? Fans that have had reason to celebrate 5 Superbowl Championships? Of course we expect to win #6; winning is in our blood!

Here we go Steelers, here we go! :tt02:

Steelers 01-28-2009 09:49 AM

Agreed on both accounts. "Sixburgh" is much better than "Six Pack" and neither should be used before next Monday.

El-Gonzo Jackson 01-28-2009 09:54 AM

I agree, I think the phrase is as cheap as a half dozen cans of Old-Milwaukee.

CPanther95 01-28-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 (Post 545332)
Is that a remark that we aint very smart?

It wasn't a comment on intellect - it was an anatomical reference. :sofunny:

But of course, I kid.

section514 01-28-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPanther95 (Post 545286)
The Steeler fans in WV are calling it "One for the Thumb".

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-s...280/height/280

The fans do not influence the game at all. We all have our superstitions, but in the end, we don't do anything to affect the game.

Get over yourself, we can be excited. If we listened to you, we would have to get rid of all of the theme songs, delete all the youtube videos, cancel the rally, and remove NFL network from our cable.

GO STEELERS, I WANT THE SIX-PACK! BRING THE SIXPACK TO SIXBURGH!

WHOOOOOOOOOO!